RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is everyone doing? I was just wondering if i can have some guidence. I don't know which bike to get between the R1 or the Warrior? I have ridin the R1 and it is very nice but i have never been on a warrior.I knowthis is a warrior page but i have read a lot of what everyone says on here and I know it won't solely be biased. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Honestly, this is an apples and oranges thing.

The Warrior is a cruiser with plenty of power, handling, and tons of potential.

The R1 is a sport bike. Not really for the long trips but has power and handling.

The Warrior is an amazing bike. The R1 is an amazing bike. Each one in its own way and will depend on what you , the rider, wants to do with it.

Tell us more about you and how you like to ride and we could probably tell ya which one would be better. As for now though, IMO, Your right getting either one. lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i have an R1 and i usually ride around city or for transportation in the summer. I am not a tracker. I don't go to the tracks because if i do lay it down I can't afford to fix it all the time. LOL I like riding in curves. But mostly i like summer transportation and i love motorcycles. If i was rich i would love to own both of them.

·
Registered
101 Posts
keep the R1 you already have and buy a warrior. Usually you can find a nice one here on the forum.

Keep riding.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I hear ya, when I pay off my Warrior I could easily see me buying a 2nd bike...a busa or FJR. If I get a busa, the Warrior gets bags, which is almost a sin.

The Warrior stands out in a crowd. Its not just another bike. Some guys turn them into full on touring models while other turn them into track only nitrous/turbo fueled all out 10 second dragsters.

The Warrior handles twisties with no problems, BUT an R1 would handle them better but thats because of the different style of bike. Comparing a cruiser to a cruiser though, the Warrior stands alone.

I guess you have to decide if you want to be a Cruiser guy, or a Sport bike guy....

·
Registered
498 Posts
Pretty much what has been said is what you are going to get from the majority of the members. If the R1 is paid for keep it. You owe nothing on it so you wont have to put out 2 payments just one for the next bike you purchase. As far as the warrior goes buy it. You will have the best of both worlds. Whichever way you go you will be happy. I wish I had paid off my Ducati748 then purchased the warrior.. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Keep the R1 for those days you want to really go fast then buy the warrior for those days you want to chill and just cruise around. But remember the warrior will also give you that speed rush if it so comes on to you as you are riding(which will happen no matter how hard you try to resist.)

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
The warrior is a great bike. It can be fun in the twisties. It can embarass most cars from stop light to stop light. It can eat the interstate miles on a trip. It can do daily commuting very well. You can do all these on the R1, but if you are prone to riding long distances, the warrior is the choice. Again my 4m buddies have you covered, if the R is paid for, go to liability insurance on the R that will help you to better afford the warrior. Either way both are class leaders.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I say get the R1, I'm going to be baised though because I have a R1 and my wife hasa Warrior. She loves her warrior, I love my R1. We trade off sometimes, but I still much rather enjoy riding the sportbike over the warrior.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
As said before keep the R1 and purchase the warrior.You wont regret it.I have suprised many guys on their sport bikes with my warrior in the twisties.I have both styles,but wont sell the warrior.The Kawi is the one I would sell first.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have both an R1 and a Warrior, my current R1 is going to become a track bike and I am going to get the 09 R1 this year sometime. Just for your info no one can answer that question but you. I sold my sportbikes to buy the warrior and two years later ended up wanting a sportbike again. I will say that the Warrior is one of my all time favorite rides.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I used to have a sport bike. A Honda CBR600RR. I'll never own another sport bike again. They are uncomfortable if you plan on riding for more than an hour. And the cops pretty much just follow you around waiting for you to do something stupid. I also didn't like the other sport bike riders I encountered. I used to go down to a lake in the middle of Minneapolis and there would be sport bikes lined up on the side of the road. It was sort of a hang out spot. Almost every sport bike rider I encountered was a stupid meat head with a death wish. These are the guys that do a 100mph wheelie in traffic on the interstate. Another thing I noticed about sport bike riders is that most of them actually believe that they are the greatest motorcycle rider who has ever lived. Despite the fact that many of them had permanant road rash scars and steel rods in their bodies that they'd show off like trophies.

A lot of sport bike riders do not care about their own safety let alone the safety of people around them. Bunch of frieken meat heads. That really turned me off sport bikes. I continued to ride that bike until I was pulled over and issued somebody elses speeding ticket for doing 106mph. After that I stopped riding it, and I sold it the following spring. Maybe my experience is unique. But I'm willing to bet sport bike riders encounter police a **** of a lot more often than warrior riders do. For me, it's just not worth the hassle.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Scoper50 said:
I used to have a sport bike. A Honda CBR600RR. I'll never own another sport bike again. They are uncomfortable if you plan on riding for more than an hour. And the cops pretty much just follow you around waiting for you to do something stupid. I also didn't like the other sport bike riders I encountered. I used to go down to a lake in the middle of Minneapolis and there would be sport bikes lined up on the side of the road. It was sort of a hang out spot. Almost every sport bike rider I encountered was a stupid meat head with a death wish. These are the guys that do a 100mph wheelie in traffic on the interstate. Another thing I noticed about sport bike riders is that most of them actually believe that they are the greatest motorcycle rider who has ever lived. Despite the fact that many of them had permanant road rash scars and steel rods in their bodies that they'd show off like trophies.

A lot of sport bike riders do not care about their own safety let alone the safety of people around them. Bunch of frieken meat heads. That really turned me off sport bikes. I continued to ride that bike until I was pulled over and issued somebody elses speeding ticket for doing 106mph. After that I stopped riding it, and I sold it the following spring. Maybe my experience is unique. But I'm willing to bet sport bike riders encounter police a **** of a lot more often than warrior riders do. For me, it's just not worth the hassle.

Uhhmm yea ..... I only have one friend that I ride with that will do wheelies on the interstate..... and he is a **** good rider just not always smart about it. Nice to hear that your 600rr (which is ridden by allot of girls thatI ride with) scared you so much that it has blinded you into saying how stupid some people are as the legit reason that you do not ride one anymore. Sad... Lest you forget we are all one in the same, just some of us have the confidence to do it and some do not. If the 600rr crowd scarred you then the Warrior is more than you can handle as well.Oh and those "meat heads" are called squids and most people with above avg intelligence donot ride with them. Want comfort get a road glide and ride with the real experts 'Harley Riders", try to say that with a straight face. Your post sounded like it was right out of the "I hate motorcycles forum". Oh yea just for kicks and to set your post straight "I am the greatest motorcycle rider that has ever lived". Oh and go tell Rossi that because he has been down he sux.I am more concerned when I ride with my cruiser friends than when I am around the sportbikes, atleast with the sportbike crowd all I have to worry about is the riders skill level and not the bikes inability to handle the riders input. There are idiots on both sides of the fence, so get off your soap box and get better. Back to the topic of this thread get what you want dude don’t let the haters and the scared guys make your mind up for you. I love both of em, with a passion as is highly obvious. I can sit on the R1 for everybit as long as I can the Warrior, which is not known for its comfort level either. Oh yea I am touching 40 so its not an age thing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you all for your help and input. The warrior is an awesome looking bike and even though i have never ridin on one. You all have good things to say about it. I guess the only thing that i am scared of is getting the warrior and start to miss my r1 terribly. I just never though i would fit in to a cruiser style. But you have all been a great help. Thank you

·
Registered
370 Posts
For what it's worth, and avoiding the catfight going on above, I rode a 900rr before the Warrior and couldn't decide what to buy next. After riding the Warrior for just a short while, I don't miss sport bikes at all. That would be a solid IMO statement cause there's plenty of people here who either have both or have gone back to them. I would buy an R1 in a heartbeat, but having one bike is really my only option at this point, and I'm sticking with the Warrior.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well said above. I personally want both like everyhone else, but not possible. So I look at it like this. Get what you like most. I traded my 1krr for my warrior and loved it at first. But I wish I would have kept it, because I miss dragging knee and the speed rush. I am an adrenlin junkie and nothing gets you pumped up more than haveing all that power and control in one hand. And in my oppinion a sprotbike is thefunnist way to do it.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Scoper50 said:

I think you need to be careful with your broad generalizations... I have been around many motorcyclists, in fact I go out of my way to be around motorcyclists, and like any group you are going to have your extremes. Sure I have met a few icy hot stunters, but for the most part just because a guy rides a sport bike does not make them meat heads. It is the rider, not the bike thatattract police. Please do tell how you got someone elses speeding ticket.

Did a guy on a sport bike steal your girlfriend or knock your sister... let it out, we are all hear for you!

As for the guy who is looking for some advice. I would remind you that it is easier to ride a slow bike (Warrior) fast than it is to ride a fast bike (R1) slow. It takes discipline to ride a sport bike. These bikes are so easy to find your limits - the problem is on the street there are so many things that you cannot control regardless of what bike you are on! I think another thing to consider is who you are riding with. When I got my Warrior I went riding with some of my stupid meat head friends(aka friends who have sport bikes). We had fun, but I didn't enjoy seeing nothing but tail lights all the time... Now when I ride with my cruiser friends, Ihave more fun as theWarrior is more at home with the cruiser crowd... Just my $.02 worth.

·
Registered
670 Posts
fastby250cc said:
It is the rider, not the bike thatattract police. Please do tell how you got someone elses speeding ticket.

Did a guy on a sport bike steal your girlfriend or knock your sister... let it out, we are all hear for you!

I'm gonna have to disagree with that. When I had my CBR I constantly had cops following me around. They would literally stay right behind me for miles, and sometimes stay with me turn for turn, just waiting for me to screw up. One time I was pulled over for not putting my foot down at a stop sign, and was given a sobriety test even though I had had nothing to drink.

The speeding ticket is kind of a long story, but I'll try to sum it up. I rode through a speed trap one night doing the speed limit. I was pulled over 3 1/2 miles after the speed trap and was issued a ticket for doing 106mph in a 65 zone. I know for a fact I wasn't speeding. I saw the speed trap before I entered it. The cop that pulled me over wasn't using the laser. They had a guy sitting up on a bridge using the laser gun, and the cops on the road were responding by radio. The cop made a mistake. I took it to court and won. But it was still a huge hassle, and I was afraid I would lose my drivers license.

It's just my experience that sport bikes attract way too much police attention. Cops don't just leave sport bikes alone. They target them because a few bad apples out there ride stupid and ruin it for everybody.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts