RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like you've all got a 2 month repreive....the first VMaxes are delayed until December. BUT, after December, Line em up!

(Luckily I'm in Florida and our season never closes.)

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My local dealer is checking through the regional guy but I expect a very non-specific answer.

Over at www.starvmax.com we are speculating that they are increasing the horsepower at the last minute!

·
Administrator
29,715 Posts
The 'International Standard Speed Agreement' governing top speed capabilities in most countries by treaty has been raised in response to pressure from Italy and several otherCATA nations. The VMax is expected to be the second factory powerplant to meet the higher kph treaty agreement which would allow 322kph(+200mph) in all but a handful of countries. France didn't participate in the new treaty either.

BTW this post is pure fiction

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice one Arizona...She'll hit 130+ in record time but you won't get anywhere near the limit of (What is it 189? currently)

BTW, due to regulations in France all their VMaxes are limited to 100HP....OUCH. (No Joke)

We in the states will get nearly double that!

·
Administrator
29,715 Posts
Yep France and a couple other countries also emposed lower top-speed-caps than the 200kph (125mph) imposed by this 2000 treaty (which the USA didn't sign): http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=CELEX:32000L0007:EN:NOTand in '05 (I think) they dropped it even lower to 100mph. Chickens

What is the current international top speed limit for factory production motorcycles and passenger cars? Is it still 300kph (186mph)? I think it is, assuming the machine is capable.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I don't think there is a limitation on passenger cars in the U.S. Fastest production car is 257 mph. Here's the link to the car.

http://www.shelbysupercars.com/index.php

These suckers are built about 2 miles down the road from me. It's always cool to see one out for a shakedown around my small town...really out of place in my podunk town.

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think the bike top end limit is really a mandate either...I think it's just an agreement amoung manufacturers. Something like 186 or 189 mph.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
I wonder why they limit it to 130 mph? There are plenty of cruiser bikes that can go faster then that. Heck the FJR can go much faster then thatand the warrior is not far behind. Why give a bike 200 hp and then limit it to what a bike with 100 hp can do? I have an opinion about why but I know some of you are passionate about this bike so I will just keep it to myself. The old vmax could run faster than that, they could have simply fixed the handling problem with the old Vmax and let it go. I know speed is not everything but why build a bike with such potential and then limit the potential. I have the answer it is because you guys ride to fast. By the way as a former vmax I to am passionate about the new one.

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Preacherman said:
I have the answer it is because you guys ride to fast.

Ohhhh, Words of wisdom from Mr Innocent!!

Production delays? Economy maybe?

Someone will have a work around for the speed limiter.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Shifting when the shift light illuminates will increase top speed and semi-over ride the limiter but it is still limited.

The new Max is totally redesigned and handling is not the problem.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
mdfdwarrior said:
was there any more details as to what the "production delays" was about? just curious....

It isn't a "production delay". The Euro bikes are on time,Nov. deliveries.

But it is a "shipping delay". The ship with first U.S. shipment was late in leaving. All other U.S.V-Max deliverieswill not be affected.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts