RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, looks like honda is releasing a bike that comes "Custom" off the lot...kind of liek the Raider, I guess. Check it out.

http://powersports.honda.com/furyreveal/default.aspx#/home

This new bike is sharp but I'm not sure about you guys, but there is something about a bike that comes "Custom" off the lot that I don't like. I like the "Making it my own" transformation that I have made WITH my warrior. Guess not everyone is interested in that. Maybe money can buy you happiness.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
670 Posts
I was at the grocery store today scanning through the magizine rack, and saw the 2010 Honda Fury on the cover of Cycle World. The headline was something like "Yes, Honda builds a chopper" I don't have anything against honda. My last bike was a honda. But it seems to me that a chopper shouldn't be something bought off a lot. It should be something you design yourself. The only exception is if you buy a custom chopper from West Coast Choppers, Orange County Choppers, etc... But if you went that route, you'd be paying $80,000 or more, so I wouldn't expect to throw a bunch of money into it. In fact, I'd be afraid to ride it.

I also noticed that the new Honda Fury has a water heater exhaust just like our warrior. Why do the japenese bike makers do this? Why can't they just make a bike that is loud off the lot? The warrior, and this honda fury are obviously sopposed to be loud motorcycles, but they insist on putting these huge silencers on them.

If you went out a bought a harley that had one of these huge mufflers on it, you'd be pissed. Because it's not sopposed to be quiet. Obviouslyjapenese bike makers are making bikes that look just like harleys. Half the time I can't even tell anymore from a distance wether a bike is a harley or a honda. So if it is their intention to copy harley, why not go all the way and put loud pipes on it? I just don't understand the logic.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Underpowered wannabe bike as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
i think this is about the 4th or 5th post on the release of the Fury
...... I like the bike. Like I've stated before, you don't need a big power plant to have a kick ass bike. Vette's in the 80's had no more power than the regular work pickup and were a "muscle car".

·
Registered
926 Posts
I never responded to any of the previous posts regarding Hondas answer to the Raider because I had nothing positive to say until now.

I like the seat (kinda reminds me of the 02-04 Warrior seat)

I like the red pinstripe on the wheels of the special edition.

Other than that ....it pretty much sucks.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Scoper50 said:
If you went out a bought a harley that had one of these huge mufflers on it, you'd be pissed. Because it's not sopposed to be quiet. Obviouslyjapenese bike makers are making bikes that look just like harleys. Half the time I can't even tell anymore from a distance wether a bike is a harley or a honda. So if it is their intention to copy harley, why not go all the way and put loud pipes on it? I just don't understand the logic.

Actually a Harley isn't very loud either with stock pipes, they just don't look quite as bad as most metric exhausts. Besides you very rarely ever get to hear a Harley's stock pipes because most are swapped out before leaving the dealership, I guess when you spend 16- 25K on a bike, what's another $6-700 for pipes? Either that or they figure it's gonna be a long time before they have any mod $$.

·
Registered
148 Posts
To each his own I guess. I personnally don't care for it. Its trying to be something it can't be; custom chopper from the factory? Its a chrome plated oxymoron.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Having owned a few Honda's, They are wonderfully reliable bikes but they have absolutely NO SOUL. This one will be no different I'm sure. I consider Honda's as an appliance, reliable but no fun at all.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I dont know.I do like the clean simple lines but not the driveshaft or skinny rear tire.I would buy the raider buy even that has a few things that I would have to change.The first would be the rear fender and stays.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
I sat on one at the bike show and although I'm not a big chopper style fan, it wasn't all that bad. Very low seat height and seem quite balanced for a chopper. Yes, the fender is plastic, but overall the bike felt pretty decent. Not a big fan of the plastic nor the engine choice and shaft drive. Put in the 1800 in the future and give it some prospects...

Don't know if I would spend my $$ on one with so many choices out there, but HONDA does inspire confidence in quality and reliability....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts