RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
28,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm writing to send-out another giant THANK YOU for everyone here for helping keep this place clean and organized and keeping it a nice place to come mess-around for a few minutes each day.

And an extra THANK YOU for those among us who jump-in up to their elbows to help members asking questions EVEN WHEN its impossible to know what the real trouble is based on what was posted. Amazing work. I've seen new members progress from no-wrenching experience to become capable mechanics. There is no other forum out there that even comes close.

Plus the dozens who have helped with important threads and events like the Annual Toast and Gremlin Bell program, and tracking our temporarily-badgeless EOBA.

The Forum recently gave me access to some of the new system's Admin tools in order to be more helpful keeping this place clean. Today they offered me even more access to tools and I accepted because it might shorten delays on some fixes. It doesn't mean my volunteer role is anything more than moderator, and for certain we could use two more moderators as we all know. But its a step that might on occasion help all of us.

I could not be much of a janitor without all of you reporting spam when it lands here. Thanks!! Its helpful to also know that the system's new spam-catcher works pretty well. I deal with generally about half-dozen a day, and most of the time the system provides adequate data to make decisions. That means only a few a week need research. But where the rubber meets the road its all of you helping to catch it that makes the biggest difference.

So its time to get a few things rolling again. If any established member feels motivated to manage a thread, maybe we could re-start Warrior of the Month and Year. Plus, if motivated, maybe someone could re-start a fresh list of great DIY threads. And . . . ?

I'll do my best to figure out the new Admin tools and see what it might mean to helping more around here.

Would it help to have a moderator in places around the planet for 24hr help? Maybe one in Europe and one in Australia? This could be an opportune time to give it a go. Maybe I could sleep all night sometimes, or not Arrrgh Matey!

Can you tell that I'm starved for a few days on the road with a mess of Warriors? Maybe call it Tavern Nights haha. Maybe a few of us could come-up with a plan for summer 2021. Maybe even an International Warrior Group Ride event! Mmmm. Tasty!

Thanks to everyone for being who you are, and for hanging around with us. Cool.

Griz

·
Registered
353 Posts
azw;

-Thank YOU for all the blood, sweat and tears that you have put into this joint, as well as the man hours spent making this THE forum
to belong to. I just wanted to put that out there, as it does NOT go unnoticed and is very much appreciated by all who enter this forum.
Be Safe and Ride Safe my friend.
Rg

·
Registered
975 Posts
It's a great community to be a part of.
Thansk to all of you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Reactions: arizonawarrior

·
Registered
540 Posts
I 1st joined this awesome group back in 2004 when I was starved for information after buying my 1st Warrior. Regrettably I only kept that bike for 3 years or so but the memories of that bike and this group never left. I’d pop in occasionally and have a read, I noticed a few international names missing and all of the Aussie guys I used to ride with and take the piss out of had also moved on to different things in their lives.

And then my dream of having another a Warrior came true, so in a way I’ve never really left. I’m not a big modification guy, getting down into positions that require the body not telling me I’m a F’n Idiot are a rarity these days. Anyhow without rambling on, I’d like to say thanks to everyone who has made this Warrior family such an awesome International group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
545 Posts
And now a massage from the Swedish Prime Minister.
When I started riding back in the early 70’s to the mid 80’s there was no internet or mobile phones. So if you wanted to learn anything about bikes you usually had to work it out yourself. There were times however, that information would come to you from a friend of a friend who had a second cousin etc. sometimes if you were lucky you might stumble on a guy from a riding group ( in my case the Melbourne Chapter of the Angels ) who would ( usually away from the group ) give a hand or imparted information. In the 80’s I ended up in the world of computers both hardware and software. I usually found that most people in this area were a pack of snobs who would help you in case you got smarter than them. Because of the nature of the beast called the computer world/internet. I would join forums to either learn about a product or find out if the product was worth buying. Over the years I still found the snobbery which used to Puss me orf. So jumping to 2019 and I decide to take up riding again. I had a look at a few Harley forums, but once again more snobs than not. Then I buy an 05 RSW and I knew less than nothing about the bike except that it picked me and not the other way around. Oh and I knew it was scary fast for a guy who hadn’t ridden for over 30 years lol. I meet a friend of a friend who owns a Warrior and they put me into this forum. I believe that it should be made mandatory that when you buy a Warrior you should be told about this site. I have learnt so much from this site, not only tech stuff, but what the people here are like. The guys here have become my extended Family. I even made a new friend from Western Australia ( I won’t hold that against him ). I’ve learnt that if you ask a dumb question instead of being ridiculed I’ve gotten help. To me that is vitally important as there aren’t many warrior owners in Australia. Yes at times I see the funny side of something and will comment. It’s not meant to denigrate, it’s just how my humour works lol. In conclusion, I’ve been on this forum since I got my Warrior and I’m so glad it did. Yes it’s long, but just wanted to express what the forum means to me.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I even made a new friend from Western Australia ( I won’t hold that against him ). me.
Crikey Stryder .. you could have just cut the waffle and mentioned the important part

••••• Us Aussies have unusual humour

·
Registered
595 Posts
I'm humbled and honored to be a part of this forum. I remember when I got my first Warrior - which happened to be my first motorcycle - in 2012, I dropped it within a month. Not knowing what to do and cursing at myself, I found this forum. LeaderDeuce, Nuwarrior, REPII, and madtom421 helped me find all the parts I needed to replace. I've been grateful for this forum ever since. 🙏🙏🙏🙏

·
Administrator
28,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Any thoughts about bringing-in a couple more volunteer moderators, one in each of a couple more time zones, like one from the UK/EU or surrounds, and one from AUS/Hawaii or surrounds?

"Would it help to have a moderator in places around the planet for 24hr help? Maybe one in Europe and one in Australia? This could be an opportune time to give it a go. Maybe I could sleep all night sometimes, or not Arrrgh Matey!"

·
Registered
540 Posts
I don’t mind lending a hand but my issue is I’m not reliably around .. our main thing is touring around Outback Oz with caravan in tow .. having internet let alone phone signal is hit and miss.

Plus I’m almost the new guy again the 2nd time around .. way more knowledgeable experienced members out there than me.

·
Administrator
28,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Think about it. Moderating is about keeping the 'place' clean and smooth. All it takes is a love of this bike and an hour or two a day. When I go ride, I am out of phone range most of the time. I love mountain roads. Cascades and Sierras and Rockies. Mmmm. But phone signals are mostly non-existent and I often have to tap wifi someplace. Or not!!!!

Its about learning some software a little at a time. Its about helping members or referring them to Admin. Or showing them where to find the improved CONTACT US link at the very bottom of most pages where members and mods can communicate direct to Admin.

Mostly, mods are here to nip spam and move threads to where they belong (which I am trying to catch-up on right now haha). And to answer questions or refer. It comes over time.

But it is a commitment to members to be here. So three time zone moderators would smooth things.

Anyone can do this if they love this bike and can commit over some years to be here and volunteer some time most days. Its important to people around the planet.

And for those who love this bike but have less time to volunteer, consider managing an event like WOM/WOY or other events that have idled. Or important threads that have idled including starting a new thread to link DIY topics. Or . . . ?

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
I'm addicted to the site I love how everyone helps out and theirs endless amounts of knowledge here between posts / Topics and of course crazy brain powers ! Keep up the good job. I moderate a large 500K member, Different type of forum and I can tell you have passion for the site.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Think about it. Moderating is about keeping the 'place' clean and smooth. All it takes is a love of this bike and an hour or two a day. When I go ride, I am out of phone range most of the time. I love mountain roads. Cascades and Sierras and Rockies. Mmmm. But phone signals are mostly non-existent and I often have to tap wifi someplace. Or not!!!!

Its about learning some software a little at a time. Its about helping members or referring them to Admin. Or showing them where to find the improved CONTACT US link at the very bottom of most pages where members and mods can communicate direct to Admin.

Mostly, mods are here to nip spam and move threads to where they belong (which I am trying to catch-up on right now haha). And to answer questions or refer. It comes over time.

But it is a commitment to members to be here. So three time zone moderators would smooth things.

Anyone can do this if they love this bike and can commit over some years to be here and volunteer some time most days. Its important to people around the planet.

And for those who love this bike but have less time to volunteer, consider managing an event like WOM/WOY or other events that have idled. Or important threads that have idled including starting a new thread to link DIY topics. Or . . . ?

I'd help if you show me the ropes, AZ

·
Administrator
28,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We need volunteer thread managers to run important threads long term. And we need volunteer moderators in EU/UK and AUS/etc, but in fact someone in ET zone USA/CAN would be helpful too.

Absolutely either role I can help get you going and ling term help support.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts