RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, i am new to this site maybe this has been answered before but who makes this size and who has the best price thanks Joe also can i run my dunlop on the front it is still like new

·
Registered
52 Posts
Metzler me880. You can find it on-line and pay shipping, then have somebody mount it, or call around. I just got one from a local shop last week, out the door for $200. There is no reason you can't run the same front if it's in good shape (although it wouldn't hurt to have it balanced).

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Slant, there is one big difference that I really liked when I switched from Stock to the ME880 on the front. Your front end doesn't wander down the concrete highways like you're waisted! I hate that and we have a lot of concrete in LA. Otherwise the stock tire really works well. Doesn't look as good though. There is no comparison with the 210 in the rear! Just do it!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
american motorcyle tire . i got my 210 for about $150.00 including shipping .took the rim off my self and the local honda shop mounted and balanced it for $15.00 . you'll love the metz it's one stick arse tire .

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
there is a noticable difference btwn the 200 and 210 (looks wise). i doubted it, but i went ahead and ordered the Metz's anyway- im really glad i did. they seem MUCH stickier too.

shop around though- youll find good deals if you invest a little time and patience.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sounds good also how many miles are you guys getting out of this tire my stock one is almost done at 5100 miles

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
from what i read the 210 tire handles about as well as stock...

life expectancy is way down though, most report needing a new 210 in less then 3000 miles

but after seeing it in person, it looks real good, might be an optical illusion, but its really wide....

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
just sprung for my first metz....I'm looking forward to comparing them to the past 4 or five tires...
It may cost ya a pony or two, tho.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
i got less than 2000 miles out my stock tire but i was trying to burn it so i could get the metz . i am a lot easier on the metz the few times i have got on it she pulled the front end up !
the metz is so much sticker than the stocker .

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Just got the Metzeler Roadtec Z6 for the front- Wow, seems to ride better, definitely doesn't wander on graded pavement and tar strips....can't wait for the stock rear to wear out 'cuz the ME880 210 is going on next.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I love the ME880. I've had 2 now with a dunlop in between. The Metz grips much better. I have this little wheelie fetish and I find it much harder to get it up (sorry, couldn't resist) with the dunlop. Seems to grip better in the corners too, but you really have to watch your tire pressure.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hello and thanks for all the answers also this size fits without any mods done just have it mounted and ride

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Hey Slant, your post got me thinking about something and it ain't tires. This topic has been covered a LOT of times and ususally, on other forums, if you even tried to inquire about something without searching for it first, you'd be chastised beyond belief. I know, it happened to me on an Infiniti FX forum. The search function was taking forever so I thought I'd just ask and opened up a topic. It took two minutes before I had at least two or three people crawling up my colon about searching first and waisting their time (hard to believe as much as these guys spent on the forum).

Needless to say a huge fight breaks out people were banned, (I wasn't) and that was it. I rarely go back.

But this forum is just plain awesome. People love talking about their bikes in every aspect of the topic. You rarely get someone telling you "Go find it yourself!" I just had to say it. I half expected someone here to say it's been covered before, but nope; people just chimed in. It's just so great. Welcome to RSWarrior.

P.S. No mods needed with the tire and you'll love it. It looks incredible.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
quote:Originally posted by SLANT

hello and thanks for all the answers also this size fits without any mods done just have it mounted and ride

Hmmm, is that a question? Yes - a 210 is the largest that will fit with no mods. Metz also has a 130 for the front (the widest - no mod) that looks really good with the 210 on the rear...

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Anyone have a Continental 200 or their ride? The Conti 190 is **** near as wide as my BattSlax 200...

I need to order a tire this week... trying to decide whether to go 200 or 210..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts