RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is only ONE metzler 880. Or maybe there can be only one.[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Registered
397 Posts
quote:Originally posted by crusteel45

whats available for the rear tire in a 210 size???...im looking for the front as well but would like some input on this subject...handling, appearance, overall performance...etc....any drawbacks???/lemme know..thnx in advance

I don't think a 210 on the front would handle too well.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Bis, which Avon is made in a 210? I couldn't find it.
Thanks, a lot I'd rather have the Avon than the Metzler. 'Cause Metzler says thier tire wasn't made for the Warrior...Too much torque.

·
Registered
731 Posts
i have the Metzler 210 and have no problems with it. In fact it grips the road a **** of a lot better than the stock tire could ever even try.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Well, sory, I guess I was wrong about Avon. I have a set of Metzelers wating to go on /emoticons/emotion-1.gif, they look and feel great.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Well, you know how I said I have the Metzler and it was working out just fine, well, all of a sudden I look at it and I've got bands just about to poke out! I only have 1000 highly abusive and smokey miles on it! I am really dissapointred, cause I really like the look of a 210mm tire. I know it's only a half inch, but it is noticable.

So I just ordered a Dunlop D208zr. It's only a 200, but at least I got almost 4000 out of my stock Dunlops. I got it athttp://www.motorcyclemart.com/tires/dunlop/d208zr.htm for $143 + 15 for shipping. I hope it arrives before my cords do.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
I wonder why some bikes came stock with Dunlops and others like mine came with Bridgestone Battlax? I think all the bikes on the West Coast have the Bridgstones, or maybe I am wrong...

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Both tires are stock, Bis. Look in the back of your owners manual, it even list both of them as stock tires. I've seen both on the Warriors in my area. In fact, I've seen both on the Warriors at my dealer.

Arthur, that was only 1 smiley and 1 peace sign on that tire.....and countless rolling smokers from stop lights [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] This will be my third tire in just under 5000 miles.

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Tires Tires Tires. Either to hard or they are to soft and don't last. I think there is an article about the metzlers in the Rating section. A Metzler rep indicated the 880 was not intended for the warrior. I am happy with my Dunlops but people are getting great milage out of the Bridgestones.

·
Registered
843 Posts
If you really want to know how a given tire will last, just buy one and send it to Sangathor. He could probably get the data you want in about a week.

·
Registered
471 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Bismarck

Well, sory, I guess I was wrong about Avon. I have a set of Metzelers wating to go on /emoticons/emotion-1.gif, they look and feel great.
It dosent matter how the feel off the bike.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts