RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
5,508 Posts
i hope you ordered forks and fender all in one , a show bike with minimal clearance is one thing a rider with min clearance is a sure parts eater. (fender) tire hitting the lower tree possibly. will be interesting though. btk572

·
Registered
827 Posts
Front wheel

i hope you ordered forks and fender all in one , a show bike with minimal clearance is one thing a rider with min clearance is a sure parts eater. (fender) tire hitting the lower tree possibly. will be interesting though. btk572
I have an 18x130 on front with 6 deg trees. I just got my fender back from paint due to the fact that I put a ding in it. I made a cover for the bottom tree to hide wiring for the headlight. The cover only adds 1/2 inch to the bottom of the tree. It hit the fender. Seethe next to the last pic in my gallery. I even shaved and lowered the fender, giving me 3/16 inch more room between the fender and the cover. I don't think I could even do a 21 inch wheel yet alone a 23 inch. The cover is now being replaced with a 1/8 inch plate that I am making for it. I don't want to repair the front fender and have to pay to have it painted again. I have noticed a few Warriors with 21 inch wheels and no fender, Maybe that's why...... Later

·
Registered
252 Posts
The exhaust on the purple warrior is pretty badass. That's the kind of style exhaust that I'm looking for. That would definitely alleviate the dragging exhaust issues.

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
I think you will have to rake the front end,and get extended forks to get that 23 to fit without bottoming out.I don't know if the mortons 7* trees will be enough,but will be watching to see what you come up with.
You're talking about the top of the tire bottoming on the bottom of the tree? Could probably get some extended tubes. There are a couple of guys who make them for choppers I don't know why they couldn't for the Warrior? And yes, will have to kick the front out a few...

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
I have a set of mortons 2" fork extensions that I bought off of a guy a while back that might help with a larger front wheel if someone wanted to try it. PM me if anyone is interested. They would be good for someone who wanted to use clip on bars also.

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
I think I've read the kick the front tire out 6". That picture looks nice but it would be better with a larger rear tire. Or stop at 21" for the front. To each his own.

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
I think I've read the kick the front tire out 6". That picture looks nice but it would be better with a larger rear tire. Or stop at 21" for the front. To each his own.
I wish I would have done a before and after measurement. As for the bigger rear tire, I seem to remember an old Orange County Chopper run off where Jr built a bike with 26"s front and rear and it looked like a stupid bicycle!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a set of mortons 2" fork extensions that I bought off of a guy a while back that might help with a larger front wheel if someone wanted to try it. PM me if anyone is interested. They would be good for someone who wanted to use clip on bars also.
Why would they be good for clip ons. I usually see front ends lowered with clip ons

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
The extensions would allow you to use the clip on's without lowering the front end. Lowering the front end could cause the front fender to hit the lower triple tree and dent it if lowered to much. The extensions i had are sold.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I don't remember what happened with the 23 but I ended up with a 21 inch version of that wheel on my sled. loved it.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts