RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the mod I want the most, but have some questions - hopefully you guys can set me straight.

1.) does this change the alignment of the final drive>

2.) what other mods are required to make this work?

3.) I'd like to paint it black cherry to match my 05 - am I better off trying to get it powdercoated?

Thanks...

·
Registered
124 Posts
The Warrior will take a 240/250...or...a 280 wide tire conversion (not sure where the 260 came in). I am currently in the process of doing a 280 changeover. I understand the 240/250 is a little less involved. Neither changeover needs the front pulley offset. Whoever you go with as a supplier will supply the proper offset for the rear pulley. I have not seen finishes offered other than chrome or "factory finish". Powder is definitely more durable than most paints but not all shops offer this type of finish. I would think that the wheel color to match your bike would look sweet, but that may be left up to you to have done. The 280 kit will necessitate modifying your fender and widening your fender stays if you decide to lower the bike. You may also have to relocate your rear brake master cylinder. I am lowering my bike and refitting the shock with a 1000# spring. Clearances will also be tight for your exhaust system. The upper belt guard will need to be trimmed to suite the wider tire. The 240/250 kit is more of a bolt on affair if you don't want to get into modding any of your other parts. Then...of course...there is the substantial difference in price between the two kits too. Hope this helped. Good luck whichever way you go!
Rich B.

·
Registered
79 Posts
there was a set on ebay in midnight finish with the red pin stripe around the wheels. sweet! cant remember the price, 240 kit i think it was. check it out

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
That probably was from Performance Edge, one of the sponsors. Matt at Performance Edge has my stuff now. I should have it in 3-4 weeks. So far I can say the customer service is 110%. Give Matt a call and he will answer all your questions.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
You can check out www.cycleimage.com we have 240, 250 and 280 kits. We have sold over 80 of these kits and have many different options available for the finish. We have shipped over 70 280 kits and many more 250 kits. We are a veteran supporter of this site and our banner adds are being updated. Chrome kits, powdercoated kits, Stock finish look or Midnight look are all available. Prices depend on the finish you want

You can email me directly at [email protected]

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hi GA Warrior, its Matt here from Performance EDGE. Your post caught my interest because we are currently building a kit for another customer who has a 05 "black cherry" bike. We are also painting several items for him to match his bike this coming weekend. We do all painting in house, and can make a custom 240 kit for you, no problem! Please give me a call if I can help. Thank you!

-Matt
www.PerformanceEDGE.US
shop # 330.677.5299

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did not want to sell my 1st born son or put my wife on the corner for a 250 swingarm - c'mon
now, buck up and give us a good price on one. My local welder can probably weld an extension on to make it wider for $100.

You can paint a turd gold and many people will buy it, but I'm looking for a real gold turd!

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
quote:My local welder can probably weld an extension on to make it wider for $100.

Let us know how that works out. [/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
I'm setting my own 240/250 kit as we speak. To date I don't know anyone who's put together a kit that isn't in the buisness of selling them or parts associated with them. I'll have about 5-600.00 total into mine (painted) upon completion. I sold my stock wheel to cut down on the wheel resizing for my R6 wheel, if you're handy and resourcefull you should come within 300.00 of my price.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
"My local welder can probably weld an extension on to make it wider for $100."
The $400-$500 range the vendors are offering for swingarms sounds like the right price... they have competition that keeps the prices regulated and they also have to back up their work.
If it's my ass in the seat, I don't want the rig coming loose underneath me. Sometimes you really do get what you pay for.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts