RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Vendor
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
240/260/280 swingarms, hidden brake caliper brackets, fat tire kits

Please check out the latest thread the has current pricing, updated pictures, and information on core charge, turn around time, and my new fabbed 280 swingarms.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Congrats on the vendor status!

I will say the brake bracket I got from you is top notch and looks amazing. When I painted it you cannot see the weld. Both of the transactions I had with you were fast and great. Keep up the good work

Some of kyles work:

painted

Mounted up

-z

·
Vendor
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Austin, nice to see your bike so far along.

Here are a few pictures, I will take alot more as I'm very confident in the quality of my parts. I just have had limited time due to 3 people ordering swingarms from me.

This is the 260 cut

picture of the 240, I will tell you this... clearance will not be an issue with my arms

outside view of the swingarm

Notice the front support,1/4" 6061aluminum. It's there but I have chosen to blend that area in so that it has a more factory look. If you have questions or would like to see more just send me a message and I will get right back to you...

·
Vendor
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hidden caliper bracket with painted finish, ready to install as soon as it arrives.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I haven't has time to research your products, but, I've been looking for the hidden rear brake caliper for a year! How much?

·
Vendor
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi, I sent you a message the other day. Not sure if you received it?

I sent you a private message with all the information. You can contact me thru this site or call if that would be easier.

·
Vendor
4,401 Posts
Kyle did my hidden caliper bracket, and if everything goes right on the house remodel, I'll be getting the swingarm from himthis spring>>>(fingers crossed) best of luck Kyle!!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Very happy with the brake bracket I purchase from Kyle fast shipping great communication great to deal with bracket looks great on the bike thanks again

·
Vendor
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for all the support!

Not to get all sappy/cheesybut I am honored that so many of you have trusted me to perform your modifacations and have been happy with the results. I will have more feedback coming in on my swingarms. A few have been sold but I know the people are really busy so I will have to wait for them to log in and give there opinions.

Also, for those wonderingabout installation and if you can do these yourself. I would say yes, this website has all the answers and is full of people who are willing to help. I am also a phone call away, I don't care if it's Sunday night and you can't figure it out, just call (I have free long distance calling) and I can help you with the install over the phone. I have recieved more then one late night phone call and honestly it doesn't bother me one bit.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Hey Kyle! Congrats on your recently acquired Vendor status.

Hope do to business with you again soon.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
I just got the Brake Bracket and Swingarm in the mail. Wow! That was fast and everyone in my shop can't believe the the quality. I took both pieces to the body shop to have them painted and all the gear heads in that shop were impressed as well. Thanks for the professional packing job! I can tell you treat these parts like they were your own. One of the reasons I choose you to do these mods is you crazy A$$ stunt guys are very hard on bikes and I could trust you would over build anything you touch. Saftey is important to me because I RIDE this bike. So when I got these pieces in and saw how pretty they were as well, I couldn't be happier with having you do this for me. Also talking to you on the phone I can tell you know what you are talking about. It was a pleasure dealing with you and I would recommend you to anyone. I will post pics as soon as I get this thing all back together. Now what other mods are you going to offer?

·
Registered
256 Posts
I just did my own swing arm, too much time to complete. I put on some monster gussets, two 1/4" plates welded together (both sides), and curved with a 10,000 pound press, no weld breaks, My question is on the hidden caliper. Did you move the anti-rotation or the "flat spot" to allow for the offset whenyou reweldedthe tab? I know the caliper slides on the swing arm due to a shoulder.on the inside of the axle nut. So the welded tab does not take all of the energy while stopping.

·
Banned
5,508 Posts
i have a question how did you bend the 6061 without fraging the bend area? 6061 will not like to bend and if you heat it to aneal it that will change the 6061. i weld aluminum alot and work with 6061 daily just about,i would think your metal man would have told you that the cut out should be angled not squared off as you done ,the corners have a tendacy to be a stress point in aluminum especially, looks likenice welds, good work,btk572

·
Vendor
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
private message sent on brake mod. question

btk572 was the comment about bending aluminum towards me or the above post? If towards me the right side gusset is machined not bent. The builder helping me with these swingarms has over 30 years as a master welder and before that was a metallurgist with the state of california. Thanks for the compliment as you seem to know alot about welding from some of the posts I have read.

·
Vendor
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
chadc303 said:
I just got the Brake Bracket and Swingarm in the mail. Wow! That was fast and everyone in my shop can't believe the the quality. I took both pieces to the body shop to have them painted and all the gear heads in that shop were impressed as well. Thanks for the professional packing job! I can tell you treat these parts like they were your own. One of the reasons I choose you to do these mods is you crazy A$$ stunt guys are very hard on bikes and I could trust you would over build anything you touch. Saftey is important to me because I RIDE this bike. So when I got these pieces in and saw how pretty they were as well, I couldn't be happier with having you do this for me. Also talking to you on the phone I can tell you know what you are talking about. It was a pleasure dealing with you and I would recommend you to anyone. I will post pics as soon as I get this thing all back together. Now what other mods are you going to offer?

dang! my new best friend...haha, thanks Chad I'm trying hard to do these right. I am really happy that you appreciated all the time I spent on your parts and all the guys at the shop were impressed.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Received my rearbrake cal bracket today, the work/welds looks great, my fab guy/welder here at work was impressed, he's been in the industry 40 years. Fast shipping also, I'll post a pic up when installed

·
Vendor
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
A couple picturesof my work.This was a custom 240 kit with a smooth finish brake caliper bracket. Wait till you see the finished bike, it is really a perfect example ofa midnight warrior. I say custom 240 because I do not make these unless someone asks. Alot of work went into this project to make sure there were no visible welds on the swingarm gussets, which required welding,hand smoothing, welding, hand smoothing, etc...! I am super happy but will never do that again....LOL

·
Banned
5,508 Posts
kylenv, the post i posted was not towards you it wasto the post of welding and bent with a press,i forget who posted it but sorry if you took it as directed in a bad way,not intended in a bad way to anyone just wondering if people know that 6061 doesnt like to be bent thats all,if i can keep people safe then i will always speak up .your work that i have seen on here is what it should be ,very nice for sure .that is comming from not just a member but someone who fabricates every day for a living.go for it man and good luck with it, btk572

1 - 20 of 71 Posts