RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Vendor
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
btk572 said:
kylenv, the post i posted was not towards you it wasto the post of welding and bent with a press,i forget who posted it but sorry if you took it as directed in a bad way,not intended in a bad way to anyone just wondering if people know that 6061 doesnt like to be bent thats all,if i can keep people safe then i will always speak up .your work that i have seen on here is what it should be ,very nice for sure .that is comming from not just a member but someone who fabricates every day for a living.go for it man and good luck with it, btk572

btk572- I thought the same thing when I read the post we are talking about. I was just making sure. Thanks for the comments. Like I said I could tell from your posts you know what you are talking about and always speak up even when people are not wanting to listen. Thanks again, I still have my prices set so low on most of my products that the only thing really rewarding at this point is people appreciating what I do or saying something cool about the work

·
Banned
5,508 Posts
Kylenv, in the world of fabrication it is not all glory and easy,and as you just said its not all about price or pay ,its is in fact about fabrication pride and without it there is no good fabrication, thats my world and craftsmanship is where its at in fab work. "fabrication" the blending of craftsmanship and pride to produce a useable sculpture or part the borders on the edge of a work of art ! thats where im at in the game ,if it looks right it probably is right, aply it to what ever you are looking at, btk572

·
Vendor
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I am finally caught up with all my orders and ready to take on some more... Turn around time for raw finish swingarms is 5-7 days, powder coat is about 2 weeks.By the end of next month I will try to have at least one raw arm and one powder coated arm in stock at all times.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Question on modified caliper bracket...I have a 260 swingarm currently and read that u said there is no modifications needed to arm at all for this bracket install....have read elsewhere that inside of the swingarm needs some grinding if this mod is wanted for proper fitment...now confused. Does it or doesnt it? Thanks

Jayson

·
Vendor
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Mightysatchmo said:
Question on modified caliper bracket...I have a 260 swingarm currently and read that u said there is no modifications needed to arm at all for this bracket install....have read elsewhere that inside of the swingarm needs some grinding if this mod is wanted for proper fitment...now confused. Does it or doesnt it? Thanks

Jayson

All of the 260 swingarms that I have seen do not need anything for the brakebracket to mount up. If you want send a picture of the inside of your arm to [email protected]I can verify what is needed for your set up.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Can you send product and price list? Do you only have warrior parts? I am thinking about a 6-7" streched arm for my Busa. You doing anything for them?

·
Registered
524 Posts
First off Kyle is a good guy to work with. All the guys at my shop and are welder who has 40 yrs in the industry was impressed with the work and craftsmanship. I have both the brake bracket and the 260 swingarm.Kyle worked with me on pricing as well, I'm a bodyman and painter so I asked if Kyle would work me a deal on just modding my arm and not finishing the welds or messing with paint, being as I would do that all myself. So he worked with me I feel that I got a pretty good deal. Theturn around time was very quick consideringhe's in Reno and I'm in Indianapolis. He installed my swingarm bearings for me also, whichjust speeds up your install time. So all I had to do was finish and prep the arm and some fresh paint and just bolt it on. The brakebracket went on easier than factory with the modded swingarm, (I have read that some ppl have todo some grinding on the swingarmto make it fit and function properly)I had to just cut the tab off the caliper for the braket line fitting to be able to run under the swingarm andbolt everything up. Been 225 miles so far since installed rides as good as the day I bought it. Now if I can save up my milk money to get the rim done here soon I'll have the full effect of the 260 kit but for now I guess the swingarm works, too bad we all aint rich............. Thanks again Kyle for working with me. Here's what pics I took not the best. Post more onceI get the rim done.Here's the link http://s605.photobucket.com/albums/tt133/smashmup821/Bike%20pics/

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
I have to agree Kyle worked with me and gave me great ideas that I never thought of as well as DOING EXACTLY WHAT HE SAID HE WOULD DO. I would highly recommend him to anyone. He made the entire process smooth and it turned out better, less expensive, and faster than I had originally thought. I did a great deal or research and asked alot of Q's before I decided to pull the trigger. I got mine back together and have put in some really good rides including 2 bike events and turned alot of heads.

Check it out!!

http://rswarrior.com/photos/chadc303/picture1151357.aspx

·
Vendor
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
BIG thanks for taking the time to leave that feedback. I get 90% of my business from referrals and feedback from this site. That is why I go out of my way to take calls, stay on the phone for hours if I have to walk someone thru an install, take millions of pictures from every wierd angle you can imagine(seems everyone wants to see something different), and do my best to work with anyones budget and time line. Anyways...thanks

·
Vendor
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
slowly getting there on my cruiser, was getting a 280 kit ready but ran out of funds so I'm going to stick with the 250/260 this year. I have the 280 swingarms all worked out and looking awesome, but still need to get another fender and rim, so that is going to wait untill next winter. It will give me something to do....

·
Vendor
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
installed a 250/260 kit on one of my warriors in high gloss(90%,or wet black common names) powder coat. This is 9" wheel with an Avon 250 tire

·
Vendor
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
upNover said:
When are you going to start selling the 280 swingarms?

I really fell behind so the 280 package was on hold. I am back to working on the kit as things have slowed a little. Once I get finished and put some really abusive miles on the kit I will be sure to post up my results with lots of pictures of the work

21 - 40 of 71 Posts