RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those with a 240 rear tire:

Q: What amount of space do you have between the swingarm and the outer edge of the tire at the narrowest point?

My bike has a chromed stock rear rim and stock tire, but the guy I bought my bike from did a lot of changes, and I'm seeing about an inch gap between the stock tire and my swingarm per side. I'm curious to know if the original owner modded the arm? I know he did chrome it.

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Your spacing sounds like more than I have with my set-up. My tire is right up against the swingarm with a minor gap of maybe a 1/8".

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Thats because he has a stockarm.. There is a big gap on a stock arm but the 240-280 arm there is Minimal. If your wondering if a 240 will fit in a stock arm it no if your wondering if you have a 240 arm on your bike some one can chim in on that spacing mine is a 280

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I have between a 1/32" and an 1/8" space between my wheel and the swingarm. So close I had to run a couple sheets of paper between them to make sure they weren't touching.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input. I think I'm going to have to get the measurements to make the determination. In theory the 240 is only 40mm wider that the 200. 40 mm = 1.58" inches. 1.58/2 = 0.79" gap per side.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
In order for the 240 tire to fit on the stock rim the rim has to be modified from stock width of 6.5 " to 8.5 " that is 2 additional inches. It is not rocket science, just simple math. The stock arm "MUST" be modified to fit the 240 tire...................or purchase a Baron's Arm.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Check out this thread it has some pictures of the part that is moded.

http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21800&SearchTerms=240,swingarm,mod

1 - 8 of 8 Posts