RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone i just bought a new 08 warrior and im looking for the best place to get a 240 tire kit. Just wondering if anyone could help point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got the midnight stock finish wheels on the bike now. i would like to keep that finish but if I cant get that Im not apposed to going another route for wheels.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Crown (Jim) is who i went with after quite a bit of research. Search the forum and you will come up with a couple others - notable cycleimage.com and performanceedge.us I did a lot of research, and I'm convinced that anyone of the 3 would have done an exceptional job. Jim came highly recommended by some of the 4M members that i happen to respect a lot. As far as pricing, for the most part, all are relatively close.

I pick up my kit from Jim in a couple weeks - i went with powdercoat black rims & swingarm - i have no doubt i will be pleased. So far he has been great to work with.

·
Registered
71 Posts
+1 yea jim (crown) has been really helpfull and easy to work with.and i cant wait to get my 260 kitend of this month. but to each his own, they all do great work from what the members say, so it could come down to location. which ever is closest to u for convinience

·
Registered
3 Posts
Go with BMS - Our team is putting together a wide tire conversion package that can't be beat. Stay tuned for warranted professional fabrication work at a stellar deal!!

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Though I do not have a 240.... yet, I know C.I. has a very good reputation from what I hear from fellow members. Personally if your going to buy a kit, I'd go with the 260,for if it's too wide you can always godown to the 240. Though if $$ is a problem, here'sthe most recent link to the DIY 240 (do it yourself). Use the "SEARCH" option at the top right to look up both retail kits and the DIY 240. There should be plenty of threads on both. Good luck!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
southboundchicken said:
if your gonna spend the dough go 260, i did and have no regrets, i've done long forgot about the few extra bucks it might have taken to do it

It's been my impression that the 240 kit will still maintain the cornering performance of the Warrior, but anything bigger is where you start to sacrafice that cornering performance. Am I wrong in thinking this??

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
EssKay said:
It's been my impression that the 240 kit will still maintain the cornering performance of the Warrior, but anything bigger is where you start to sacrafice that cornering performance.

From what I have read from many different threads.... going from a 200 to the 240 is what's going to make the difference. Thehandling between a 240 and a 260 shouldn't be that much different.

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Historically the 240 wide tire kit was the most popular on this forum until the advent of new suppliers and site sponsors.

IMO, the Group Buy back in late ‘07’ brought about a change to a wider swing arm because of the competitive situation and new membership.

[*]Group Buy on Wide Tire Kits-Results pg8!! http://rswarrior.com/forums/t/2227.aspx[/list]

The new benchmark for arms appears to be 260 with various width wheels for the appropriate sized tires.

Whatever the case, the 240 mod is still less dramatic to the OEM part and my personal choice.

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Going from 200 to 240 was a bit of change, but I noticed the biggest difference from 240 to 260.

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
r1rouse said:
I got the midnight stock finish wheels on the bike now. i would like to keep that finish but if I cant get that Im not apposed to going another route for wheels.

I have Midnite finish in stock. You can run 240,250, and 260 tire with this kit. PM me your email address if you would like pictures and pricing.

Jim

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
If you are looking for performance, it is best to either stay with the original or a 240 kit.
If looks and WOW effects you're after, then go as wide as you can. Personally, I decided to ride for a little while on a stock size... until I had the cash saved and in hand for a 280 kit and custom fender. I also decided to go with the closest shop from my house (GS Cycles) because I can actually visit the guys frequently and see what they do (5hrs drive).

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
i went straight from a 210 to the avon 250 (with a 260 arm) and noticed a little bit of difference, keep in mind though that i live in fl. and dont have many "twisties" here
i cant imagine there being a hugh noticable difference between a 240 and 260 thats why i said go for the 260

·
Registered
260 Posts
EssKay said:
southboundchicken said:
if your gonna spend the dough go 260, i did and have no regrets, i've done long forgot about the few extra bucks it might have taken to do it

It's been my impression that the 240 kit will still maintain the cornering performance of the Warrior, but anything bigger is where you start to sacrafice that cornering performance. Am I wrong in thinking this??

I'm still dragging my pegs. I think more than 260 will definitely decrease the cornering ability of the warrior.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I have the 240 on mine and my freind has the 260. Not much difference from behind but a big dif. in price..I have riden his and from my experience the 240 handles better.I would recomend Performance Edge for the kit.I have chrome which is absolutely stunning and my freind has stock finish. You can not see any indication that the wheel was modified from the outside.The Quallity of there welds is top notch.I was hit in the rear wheel bending it and locking around my rear caliper.After removing the tire and inspecting the welds,there was no damage to any welds. They bent just as the rest of the wheel.Matt and the guys built me a new wheel and it looks just as great as the last.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts