RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am finally getting my 240 kit!! i have the pcs lowering links now. what kind of height diff is the 240 tire going to make, if any ? i really like the way my bike sits now. thanks.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Not much difference at all as far as stance. I have the PCS links.

Here is my bike with a 210 on the factory wheel...

And here is my bike with the 240 on a converted factory wheel...

No other changes were made to the bike that would affect the stance.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
It will reduce your fender clearance by about 1/2". With the PCS kit you will kit the fender if fully bottomed. I have slight rub marks inside the fender since having the 240. I am actually taking out my PCS kit and installing a 1" lowered aftermarket shock, which will raise it about 3/4" from the PCS. I am also doing this for better handling.

·
Registered
332 Posts
if i had to guess, i'd say my 240 was about 3/4" bigger in diameter than my stock 200mm. but that was standing the 240 next to the 200 when it was holding up the bike.

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
Hey Rifleman23, I also have the barons lowering kit. It was suggested I put the 1,000lb spring in as part of the 240 kit install but I believe it might have been for handling, not so much clearance. Lets see what others have to say. Oh, I should be doing my 240 this winter so I am interested in seeing responces on this as well.

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
I have the 240 kit with the cycle image lowering kit. I lowered the bike by 2 inches in the rear and have not noticed any difference in handling . The 240 tire is slightly taller than the stock 200. IMHO the warrior looks best with the rear lowered but keep in mind if you are riding 2up alot I would also install a heavier spring
Hope that helps

Insert Image:

23.41KB

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
ekmaint!, right on bro. So...no need for the spring unless 2 up...eh, I'm thinking, while its all apart and just incase my beautiful brunette wife of 30 years wants to straddle me (oops) I mean ride me (oooops)...I mean ride with me,,,ah, got it then we should just plain do the spring!

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
quote:Originally posted by ekmaint

I have the 240 kit with the cycle image lowering kit. I lowered the bike by 2 inches in the rear and have not noticed any difference in handling . The 240 tire is slightly taller than the stock 200. IMHO the warrior looks best with the rear lowered but keep in mind if you are riding 2up alot I would also install a heavier spring
Hope that helps

Insert Image:

23.41 KB

ekmaint, so is it safe to say that you had no clearance issues?

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
Morning guys!!! I double checked with the vendor I am considering my 240 kit with and the experts are all saying no clearnece issues unless you really drop that back end of the bike. The 1,000lb spring I am told improves the handling and will come in real handy if you are riding 2up from time to time. If 2up is not a concern, but handling is, then the 1,000lb spring is a good investment. BTW, my vendor mentioned the 31 tooth front pulley as helpful to the clearence concern. Now this blows me away. Although I have the 31 tooth front pulley, I can't for the life of me figure out how a pulley improves clearence?? so I have aked for additional info on the pulley thing and will reply back as soon as I get that info. Anyone else have any input on the pulley thing fire away. I though the 31 tooth pulley was for low end power/torque improvements!.

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
ok, about the 31 tooth pulley.
This makes sence when you think about it. Based on brb03's original question I wonder if all this discussion was even necessary. Possibly because we are talking about clearence right?? anyway here's what I got for a responce;

So the 31 tooth pulley is smaller in diameter then the stock pulley which allows us to move the rim/tire further back (not by much) and I don't know specificaly how much, but to more of a natural position under the fender. Think of it this way. The 240 tire is a bit larger around then the 200 and the 210 which means it slightly takes up more space in the forward area of the wheel well. The smaller diameter pulley allows us to move the tire/rim just a pinch back further in the wheel well to a more natural position. wow....never know what ya learn until you ask ay!

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
quote:Originally posted by gchalifo

ok, about the 31 tooth pulley.
This makes sence when you think about it. Based on brb03's original question I wonder if all this discussion was even necessary. Possibly because we are talking about clearence right?? anyway here's what I got for a responce;

So the 31 tooth pulley is smaller in diameter then the stock pulley which allows us to move the rim/tire further back (not by much) and I don't know specificaly how much, but to more of a natural position under the fender. Think of it this way. The 240 tire is a bit larger around then the 200 and the 210 which means it slightly takes up more space in the forward area of the wheel well. The smaller diameter pulley allows us to move the tire/rim just a pinch back further in the wheel well to a more natural position. wow....never know what ya learn until you ask ay!

Makes sense... Thanks..

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
quote:Originally posted by rifleman223

quote:Originally posted by ekmaint

Hope that helps

Insert Image:

23.41 KB

ekmaint, so is it safe to say that you had no clearance issues?

no clearance issues what so ever

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Guys, the 31-tooth pulley IS to allow you to pull the wheel back about a 1/4 of an inch. There are clearance issues with the CI 240, you'll see over time, as you warm up that tire and ride her hard, it'll leave marks inside the swingarm, and I've found occasionally rubber sticking to the swingarm and rim.

If you want to read allot on it, do some searchin, I wrote and researched much on this. There are plenty on here that can contest to the issues with 240's rubbing. Just ask Darkstar, he went to a 260 swingarm to stop the rubbing, am will follow suit soon too.

Love the 240 look, but the swingarm's support is a little narrow up front, and you don't want to compromise strength, so it rubs...

[B)]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts