RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I'm ready to give my warrior that badass fat tire look, only thing is do i go with kyle, theres 2 ads on ebay, ones in ohio and ones from lithuania or something. Should i stay away from ebay? Anywhere else i can get this done. I live in canada. Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
Kyle is a proven commodity. He is just a dude with a huge heart that loves the Warrior community and does this on the side. He cares and takes pride in what he does and his work is top notch. Also if you have questions or need help he is usually just a couple of texts or calls away.

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
I'd go with Kyle given the choices. These services involve sending your rim and swingarm for modifying so consider shipping costs when choosing. Lithuania is out of the question from a cost point.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
To go to a 250/260 there are two things you need. you need a larger rim to accommodate the larger tire and you also need a modified swing arm. In most cases the stock fender will fir with a 260 tire and sometimes you will just need to shim it slightly using washers, however on occasion some members have not been able to fit their 260 under a stock fender and had to either buy a new fender or have their stock fender modified.
Kyle does both the wheel widening and the swing arm modification and his work is top notch. Also Kyle is one of our only site vendors and deserves to be supported.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I havent spoken to him yet but expecting a call back from him in the next couple days. Honestly I was planning on going through him regardless but I'm in Canada so just thought maybe someone knew of another option for me. Christok i think once i do get that rear wheel i will be contacting you for a fender!

·
Registered
6,538 Posts
I went though
CUSTOM METAL SPINNING in L.A
To get my wheel widen...
They did a great job , fast turn around..
Walter Sr ,, and Walter Jr where great to deal with....

Just a suggestion if you can't get ahold of Kyle.......

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
231 Posts
Alright so I'm ready to give my warrior that badass fat tire look, only thing is do i go with kyle, theres 2 ads on ebay, ones in ohio and ones from lithuania or something. Should i stay away from ebay? Anywhere else i can get this done. I live in canada. Thanks guys!
As I don’t come from that part of the World, but surely you can get a wide Metzler from any bike shop?

·
Registered
231 Posts
To go to a 250/260 there are two things you need. you need a larger rim to accommodate the larger tire and you also need a modified swing arm. In most cases the stock fender will fir with a 260 tire and sometimes you will just need to shim it slightly using washers, however on occasion some members have not been able to fit their 260 under a stock fender and had to either buy a new fender or have their stock fender modified.
Kyle does both the wheel widening and the swing arm modification and his work is top notch. Also Kyle is one of our only site vendors and deserves to be supported.
Hmm mine is an 05 and I have a 260 on the back and it came with the bike. There is plenty of room under the guard. Mind you there is about 12mm gap on both sides of the swing arm.

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
Thus yours has been modified at one time as stock is a 200. Some people will purchase a awing arm modified to accept a 280 tire and will purchase a rime wide enough to run either a 260 or a 280 tire that way they can go to a 280 if they do not find the 260 wide enough. A 280 will not fir under a stock rear fender so by going 260 at the start it is a bit cheaper as you probably do not have change the rer fender and buy new fender struts (280 fender struts if you can find them are over $300 USD) The cost of modifying the swing arm and the rim is only a bit more to go to a 280 than a 260 so by going the 280 route you have teh choice of either running a 260 or a 280 where as if you go the 260 route and then later want to change to a 280 you need a new rim and a new swingarm.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Thus yours has been modified at one time as stock is a 200. Some people will purchase a awing arm modified to accept a 280 tire and will purchase a rime wide enough to run either a 260 or a 280 tire that way they can go to a 280 if they do not find the 260 wide enough. A 280 will not fir under a stock rear fender so by going 260 at the start it is a bit cheaper as you probably do not have change the rer fender and buy new fender struts (280 fender struts if you can find them are over $300 USD) The cost of modifying the swing arm and the rim is only a bit more to go to a 280 than a 260 so by going the 280 route you have teh choice of either running a 260 or a 280 where as if you go the 260 route and then later want to change to a 280 you need a new rim and a new swingarm.
Just an observation on wide tyres (eg 260 or 280 ). You find that the bike doesn’t handle too well on tight winding roads. Mine has the habit of wanting to stand straight up. I took the bike down some really tight roads through Kin Kin ( in Australia we sometimes like to repeat the name like Wagga Wagga, Gin Gin etc ). Also and this annoys me, I scrap metal just going around a roundabout. On that road I’m actually scraping exhaust pipe. Now I have been on the same road with a 1200 Harley and flicking left or right wasn’t a problem and the rear on that was a 200.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts