RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it turns out my 26" front tire was making contact with the bottom tree. So I ordered 2" fork extension but there wrong. I've been out of commission for 3 month due to quadruple bypass surgery but now I'm well enough to work on my bike. I couldn't find any extension that were correct. So I'm going to replace the fork tubes! So what I found out is the tubes on the Warrior are a little over 20 inches long, the fork tubes on the R1 are 21 inches long BUT the fork tubes on the Triumph 675 Daytona are a little over 22 inches so I ordered a set off Ebay! Updates well fallow

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The quadruple bypass was the easy part, waking up with two giant tubes down my throat was the worse part. I'm glad too be working on my bike, can't wait till the tubes get here.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Cant wait to see photos!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
The quadruple bypass was the easy part, waking up with two giant tubes down my throat was the worse part. I'm glad too be working on my bike, can't wait till the tubes get here.
I've had a liver transplant and a triple bypass and you are right about waking up with tubes down your throat. Great day when they pull it out, oh, and that catheter to, i hate that **** thing. Glad you made it through it, it's quite an ordeal to happen to you.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok I screwed up again and bought the same length tubes! So here's what I did. I found some tubing in my rafters from a ceilingfan hanger. I cut two pieces of tubing 1.5" long and slipped them over the ends on the inside of the tubes (see photos) bought two 3" long bolts. Poured in about 14oz of fluid and sealed them up! Well this worked out great, the forks are 1.25" longer and the upper ends of the tubes are in the bushing of the upper tubes and the bike height looks great. Now for the the bad news, for some ****ing reason the transmission output shaft broke at the threads that holds the sprocket on, so now I will be rebuilding my trans when the new output shaft gets here.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
Ok I screwed up again and bought the same length tubes! So here's what I did. I found some tubing in my rafters from a ceilingfan hanger. I cut two pieces of tubing 1.5" long and slipped them over the ends on the inside of the tubes (see photos) bought two 3" long bolts. Poured in about 14oz of fluid and sealed them up! Well this worked out great, the forks are 1.25" longer and the upper ends of the tubes are in the bushing of the upper tubes and the bike height looks great. Now for the the bad news, for some ****ing reason the transmission output shaft broke at the threads that holds the sprocket on, so now I will be rebuilding my trans when the new output shaft gets here.
Would be a good time to use a newer Middle Drive Shaft if your bike is 05-02. Nice job working through your problem and getting the job done. Looking forward to seeing some pic's when finished.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fixed middle drive shaft

Here's what I had done. I have access to some great machinist. So I had the remainder of threads milled then drilled and tap the end to 5/8-18 NFT 1.5" deep in then I'll use a crank shaft bolt and washer tothe hold the sprocket.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
Here's what I had done. I have access to some great machinist. So I had the remainder of threads milled then drilled and tap the end to 5/8-18 NFT 1.5" deep in then I'll use a crank shaft bolt and washer tothe hold the sprocket.
Great idea and a smart fix. It looks like it should work fine, but not sure if it weakened the shaft or not with the machine work. Good luck, i hope its a permanent fix.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts