RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it was 27 degrees here today in central MN, so I decided to go for one last ride. Freezin cold out there but it felt good-haven't rode in nearly a month. Felt faster than normal too, must be a little lean out there.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
It's been in the 80's all week here but according to the weatherman and how it felt riding out there just now I think I'll start wearing a jacket again soon and hope that the rain at least stays away.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Havent put them away yet but it is getting close.In the 30's all week.Havent been riding but just cant face the truth and store them away. Warrior still on a lift sitting in trailer awaiting rear wheel.Kawi sittin in shed.Will ride over to other house this weekend after moving everything else.

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
Here I've been waiting for this time of year so I can finally ride in the low 80's in the day sun....

and can't forget the sunblock....

·
Registered
670 Posts
I've winterized my bike twice now. After I did it the first time we had a couple 65-70 degree days, so I put the battery back in. Last Sunday I pulled the battery back out and winterized it again after not riding for about 3 weeks. Winter has officially set in here in Minnesota. It's been fluxuating between 15 and 35 degrees here lately. It's safe to say the season is done. But I'll be doing about $900 worth in mods over the winter. So the fun isn't over yet.

·
Administrator
29,678 Posts
Wifey and I grabbed one extra chance to ride over the weekend on a sunny morning and it was a little cold on the mountain but we bundled up for a lunch run. We were smiling! Now though we're kinda thinking its really season's end. I'll be taking the Warrior apart the weekend after Thanksgiving. So this weekend I'm gonna replace the friction material on the VStar's rear brake and bleed it, then I can ride it during the winter if opportunities arise while the Beast is somewhat disassembled. I hope it works out this year!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Your stronger than I am, I put mine away when it went to 35 stabil in the tank, and a new battery tender. I really don't like winter now.

·
Registered
29 Posts
well here in nj the last couple of days has been in the 30's. i had to break out my 30 below overalls and hunting coat. i will be riding all winter as the bike is my primary transportation, the wife drives the car. i still cant find a pair of gloves that can keep my hands warm. but as long as the roads are clear i will be out there braving the cold. i have done this in the past about 5 years ago, i rode for 3 years straight in the winter. you get used to the cold after a few weeks of it. the things we do to save a little money.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
cycleaxe said:
well here in nj the last couple of days has been in the 30's. i had to break out my 30 below overalls and hunting coat. i will be riding all winter as the bike is my primary transportation, the wife drives the car. i still cant find a pair of gloves that can keep my hands warm. but as long as the roads are clear i will be out there braving the cold. i have done this in the past about 5 years ago, i rode for 3 years straight in the winter. you get used to the cold after a few weeks of it. the things we do to save a little money.
+1 on the gloves. Gets into the low 40's on my winter/morning commute, cold hands is biggest problem. Only in the 50's (mornings) right now, but winters comin'.

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
After hearing Garnerwarrior go on and on about his fleece pants and how warm they are I finally decided to buy a pair of them. Should get them tomorrow. Planning to ride not every day but at least every week during the winter.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I couldnt imagine it that cold. Its been in the mid 40's, and I had two pairs of jeans, three long sleeve shirts, two pairs of gloves, and my leather jacket. And I was still cold.

·
Registered
370 Posts
11 degrees here friday morning with a steady wind making it even colder. Next to me at a stop light was a yamaha. Couldn't tell what it was as my windows were still frosted a little. He had a windshield and was bundled up like nanook of the north. Saturday it was snowing and a guy on an R1 passed me on the road.

Mines in storage.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts