RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[?]Guys, I've seen the 240 kit with the stock fender and it looks hot and have been considering it, but the 280 looks hotter, does the 280 kit fit with the stock fender? Any other mods I would have to do to fit this kit? I still want to ride 2up. Would I have to upgrade the suspension to maintain height or to increase it?[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Not without modification. You will have to alter the fender struts to pull the fender out a bit. Most have just jacked up the rear a bit to keep it from rubbing...

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
I have the 280 kit and I like it.. The look is awesome the comments are never ending.. I bought the adjustable 2" lift kit and a 1000lb spring Basically an extra $325.00 I weight 235 now and the wife is just under 150 and I have no problems riding 2 up.. I did not do the fender strut mod and have had no rubbing. plus with the upgrades to the rear My handling is greatly improved.. cycleimage is the place to buy from

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Have the 280 w/tricky air, widened stock fender, BMS struts, can ride w/tricky all the way down, love the look and comments.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Mike is correct... you only need the fender mod if you plan on riding the bike lowered. Normal ride height does not require fender mods...

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, Mike I'm a 6footer and about 240 my wifes 130, you had to put 1000 lb springs? were the stock ones too mushy? 1000 pounders are much smoother ride? And finally who makes the 2 inch lift kit?

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
do the spring. i am 225, wife is 115, we rub on the big bumps. the 1000 pound spring is a must do.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Yes the 1000 lb spring I got from cycleimage and the adjustable 2"lift is from cycleimage as well and yes you will need a special tool for the spring most shops don't carry these my shop guy said it was hard to get on..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts