RS Warrior Forum banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Gilly, it appears that I may need that shaft. That is what is missing from the Xfer case I am perusing. I will be calling Robert (Umpire3) tomorrow to verify this. After which, I will contact you... Again, thanks for stepping up.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I found #11. I suspect once I do the removal, I probably need to order some seals, gaskets, & who knows... But my future is looking brighter, thanks to this amazing site. I'm in a much better mood! Thanks to you guys. You too Omar, aka Desertboy13...

·
Registered
633 Posts
Middle gear

Well, I found my bearing noise. It is the drive pulley bearing. #5 on the fiche...
Ordered it and the one on the opposite end, locally. Ordered the remainder chain, sprocket, seals, gaskets, and o'rings from Yamaha Sports Plaza. So far every step has been easy, and straight forward.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Yeah. big relief. One of the SKF bearings I purchased, mfg. in Argentina, was DOA! I have to return it this afternoon. The USA built one is perfect.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Mds

I have a middle drive shaft out of my 05 that i will not use again, part #8 in the parts fich. It is in good shape. It has the same part # that the 03 has. Your more than welcome to it if you need it. If you can pay shipping it's yours. You might want to change out your bearings unless they have low miles and are in good shape. The right side bearing comes out easy. The left side has to be pressed or knocked out. I used a long ratchet extension with a socket on it to push it out. I used a seal driver to put the new bearing in.
Gilly, I have been trying for a long time to respond to a PM you sent but I have not been able to get it to it to go anywhere. I have PM'd you my address, email address and several messages, but when I look at my PM folder, it doesn't seem to go anywhere. I just checked on one I sent a few minutes ago and NADA! Do you mind emailing me? [email protected]
I'd really like to utilize your MDS, but it has taken so long just contacting you, and I am ready to reassemble my Warrior. IF you can let me know, one way or another about the MDS, I'll be very grateful. If you can't send it, ok, I would just like to know...

·
Super Moderator
7,442 Posts
Hey Jim I just sent him a pm letting him knw that ur having issues with getting a pm sent to him

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
5,910 Posts
I got Desertboy's PM Jim and will get the MDS out to you as soon as i can. Sorry for the delay.

·
Administrator
5,910 Posts
I sent the middle drive shaft out to you, it should be there Thursday, says the post office. I'll PM you the tracking # and shipping fee.

·
Registered
633 Posts
One last Q...

I found, what I believe to be a mistake. I am getting set to put my xfer case back together, but came upon a question. On the microfiche, there is a crush washer, #4WM-17931-00-00 GASKET 2, Which is sandwiched between the innermost case, and the middle case, I purchased that part. I don't see anything between that hex drive nut, #46 on the fiche, and the inner case. And because the washer I removed is very "dished", it is apparent to me that that washer didn't belong there. I just want to make sure, 'cause I hope to get it together this week. Got a "perfect" bearing from my friends at Yamaha Sports Plaza. Not a plug, just a comment on two I had to return because they were both defective. Clicks and wobbles, on a "new" bearing, x2! Hate to name names, but twice burned, really shy... SKF, from a local vendor, but both bearings were MFG in Argentina, the one SKF I got for the small end was mfg. in the good old USA. Yea. So, if I'm okay-ed by you guys, (Re: the extra crush washer) I'll be putting parts back together this week. Maybe ridding by the weekend... Any thoughts on using a layer of silicone on the seals? I had quite a time getting all the material off from, I presume the factory, so I don't see the need, but I've owned Brit bikes my whole life...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,964 Posts
The dished washer is probably for the middle shaft drain, Item 21, and should have an 8mm ID hole for Item 20 the flange bolt drain!
The paper gasket goes as stated and can be seen in the enclosed links from my R&R back in Nov 2004!

·
Registered
633 Posts
That crush washer is on the drain in the middle case, item 12, and I have that. The dished washer was located behind item 46, and it was the same material as item 11, the crush washer that you are pointing at in your photo. That is actually item 11, Gasket 2, whereas item 8, the die-cut one is Gasket 1, both of which are used at the same time. Your paper gasket is not shown in your photo.
So the question was should there be a crush washer between item 46, the hex drive nut, and item 12, the case. The hole in my photo with the duct tape note, pointing to the washer, next to the hole the washer was in... It's not shown on the microfiche, but it was on my bike. And I don't see a reason for it...

·
Premium Member
8,964 Posts
...............so the question was should there be a crush washer between item 46, the hex drive nut, and item 12, the case.

• No

·
Premium Member
8,964 Posts
Thanks, Alanh. My take as well. Curious as to how, why it was there...
I suspect during the Nat'l trani recall for 2002~2003 Warriors

·
Registered
633 Posts
One last question, maybe... On page 3-29 of the service manual, it indicates you should fill the crankcase with 2 L. of oil, "if the engine had been disassembled". It's pretty darned drained, but hasn't been apart. Does anyone think I need to go that route? I tried but couldn't add that page from the digital manual.

·
Registered
8,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Remove the plastic fill plug on top of the crankcase it is behind the rear jug add 2 qts.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts