RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just put on a set of 3 inch extentions for my foward contols,im 6'0,ive got several other bikes with more standard and sport bike rider positions.i have a bit of a problem when i get on my warrior,i was fine with the stock position,but now with the extentions,i feel a little unstable during slow speeds or taking off.but on the other hand,much more comfortable once going,can stretch my legs out.did anybody else have this feeling at low speeds?ive been tring to get used to it buti switch off riding the other bikes all the time.should i leave them on or go back to stock?

·
Registered
670 Posts
I would ride it for awhile and see if you adjust. If you still don't feel comfortable after a month or so change em back. But I bet you'll adjust.

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Had the same feeling when I moved my controls forward. It takes no time to get comfortable with it.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I can't say that I have any experience with the forward controls but after I made the switch from my '97 Vmax to the warrior I know that it took me a good long time to find the pegs after each takeoff. I kept wanting to put my feet in the Vmax position instead of where they sit on the warrior. It felt a little weird for awhile, but I eventually got used to it. I'm sure you have experienced the same thing when switching between your bikes. I say wait a bit and see if you get used to the new position. If you have been riding long enough to own several bikes, then I think you have the experience to handle this new riding position till you find your comfort level.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Leave 'em on. I also have 3" extentions on my Warrior, and also ride a standard bike from time to time, after a few take offs your muscle memory will kick in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts