RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting in my 3rd output shaft in the transfer case of my 07 warrior. I can figure out what i am doing wrong. The nut keeps backing off then the pulley will slide off and eat the threads off the output shaft. I have a manual I am torquing it to spec setting the nut. If any one has any ideas it would be a huge help. At this point I am contemplating getting a steel nut and welding it on after it is torqued.

·
Registered
8,292 Posts
The sleeve spacer that is located behind the pulley is directional. There is a bevel at the leading edge of the bore on one end only that the O ring sealfits into. The bevel end of the spacer is installed toward the center of the bike after the O ring is installed on the shaft.

Be sure to replace the drive pulley. New shaft+ old pulley = component failure.

Use locktite on the threads, torque the retaining nut to 110 ft lbs & stake the nut to the shaft.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought the manual from ebay. Its on cd but had my wife take it to work and print it all off,so I had a copy for the shop. The ebay ad said it was for 2005 and up. I hope there isn't any more discepincys in the manual. I rebuilt my whole bike off of it after iwrecked it. I also used it to put my PR pistons and cams and valve springs in. SCARRY. When i rebuilt the bike it was a frame up because I broke the frame. Now im freaking out.

·
Premium Member
8,912 Posts
deadjester ... Here's some documentaion from an earlier Topic post for the later Warrior: As stated you'll want to increase the torque value to 110 ft lbs & stake the nut to the shaft.

Drive shaft and Pulley problems - please post here

nititgye said:
Thu, Apr 5 2007 6:43 PM
I think Yamaha have already covered that problem since the 06 models, at least the one regarding the nut getting loose. They changed the locking washer for one without the tabs. Anyway, you can also get the shaft gone with an over tensioned belt, so have to keep that in mind also. I can't take a pic but I can post the service manual pics, hope it can show the difference.

Insert Image:

38.27KB

Insert Image:

80.91KB

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your help guys. I went and ordered all the parts to fix it for the fourth time . And if ths dosen't work I am breaking out the mig.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts