RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2007 warrior, would like to powder coat a set of wheels in black, but also want to keep the stock wheels, so planning to post a classified asking if anyone has a set of stock wheels they want to part with. my question is will the older style 3 spoke wheels bolt right up (pully rotors, etc) or do I need to stick the with the newer 5 spokes like the ones that came with the bike

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have an '04 Warrior with '06 wheels on it. I do have an '06 front end also, but the rear wheel bolts on just fine. I believe the 3 spoke and 5 spoke wheels are interchangeable.

·
Registered
109 Posts
i have the stock 3 spoke wheels and have no use for them since i have the rc wheels. make me an offer or trade will be happy to help you out

·
Administrator
30,070 Posts
Another good catch Rob, you da man!

Here's a post about putting newer 5-spoke wheels on an '02 '03 so its reverse of your question but illustrates:

Wheel - 5-Spoke to Earlier: http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/115317/937365.aspx

There's more to it than expected but it can be done. Notice conversation about forks.

RobRiguez said:
I Think the bolt pattern/number of boltsfor the brake disks are different on the 5 spoke than the 3 spoke. Otherwise the same.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
vector18 said:
Why not just powder coat the wheels you have on your bike?
That would be too easy

Mostly just for reasons of downtime. Would rather be able to ride since I commute on the bike daily, so I figured if I could find someone willing to part with a set of stock wheels at a reasonable price I could get them powder coated, then once complete swap them out. However after reading the post regarding 3 spoke to 5 spoke, it appears that this would be easiest if I had a set of the 5 spoke since then all the rest of my stock stuff (rotors) would bolt right up. Mostly what I was looking for was was it a straight across swap and the answer appears to be no.

Knowing what I know now, will probably just wait for winter when it gets cold and wet and get the the wheels I have done as you have pointed out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts