RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting the 240 tire/swingarm, bike is lowered 2", got jug huggers, PCIII, VBAK, and AIS block-off installed by the dealer. Do I need a 31 tooth sprocket, pulley, or both? Thanks. I know I'm a pain! Ruckus.

P.S. I searched the forums prior to posting this, but, it was confusing to me at best! LOL

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
i think your going to need a 31 or 32 tooth pulley to stay close to the stock gear ratio, i've got a 33 tooth pulley with the 250 tire and it seems a little tall to me, it does fine by myself but if i'm riding 2 up it loads the motor a little more than i care for and i am seriously thinking about switching out pulleys for better street preformance, the 33 tooth would be perfect if i rode the highway most of the time

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, so you're saying swap out one OR the other for a 31 tooth? I'm still a bit confused. I've read some have swapped sprockets and some have swapped out pulleys.
Oh, I AM gonna ride it Arizona Warrior! LOL. Just want the stuff done by the dealer before I pick it up. It's the deal we have! They have some time while they wait for the rims and swingarm to come back to install the VBAK and change the pulley/sprocket while the back tire is off. I just want the gear ratio right from jump street! When I pick it up, 500 quick miles is going on it, then straight to Dyno! Soooooo, I say let them set the bike up the way it NEEDS to be now. LOL. Ruckus

·
Super Moderator
5,830 Posts
Unless you are planning on doing a lot of drag racing,the stock 32 tooth pulley with the 240 tire will perform fine.I run a 280 tire with the stock pulley and with the mod's I have I can still outrun a stock warrior. With the custom map I have I run about 86 hp,and 109 ft. lb's of torque.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stock pulley it is!!! Thanks Gilly! Ruckus
gilly said:
Unless you are planning on doing a lot of drag racing,the stock 32 tooth pulley with the 240 tire will perform fine.I run a 280 tire with the stock pulley and with the mod's I have I can still outrun a stock warrior. With the custom map I have I run about 86 hp,and 109 ft. lb's of torque.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
just to clarify, the warrior has pulleys not sprockets and the easiest one to swap out would be the front one imho, the only reason i switched pulleys in the first place was because i switched to the 1 1/2" wide belt so i guess you could say i'm in the experimental phases of my conversion

·
Premium Member
8,920 Posts
southboundchicken said:
just to clarify, the warrior has pulleys not sprockets and the easiest one to swap out would be the front one imho, the only reason i switched pulleys in the first place was because i switched to the 1 1/2" wide belt so i guess you could say i'm in the experimental phases of my conversion
It's an Oxymoron
... the Parts Fiche (PF)and Factory Manual (FM) don't agree

[*]Pulley, Belt (PF) = Drive Sprocket (FM) = Front Pulley*
[*]Sprocket, Driven (PF) =Rear Wheel Pulley (FM)= Rear Pulley *
[*]V-Belt (PF)=Drive Belt (FM)=Drive Belt *[/list]

AlanH (*)

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
The 31-tooth front drive pulley is a noticeable performance mod IMHO. Especially if you have a deal where the dealer is doing the work, I would take advantage of it cuz you will need an impact wrench to get the nut off the first time.

IIRC, with the 240 mod, the overall diameter is a little larger than stock and running the 31 tooth pulley helps. Consider on an otherwise stock Warrior, the rpms on a 31-tooth will only increase by about 3%, but the smile factor significantly more. If you do go 31, make sure you get a steel one...

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mdfdwarrior said:
The 31-tooth front drive pulley is a noticeable performance mod IMHO. Especially if you have a deal where the dealer is doing the work, I would take advantage of it cuz you will need an impact wrench to get the nut off the first time.

IIRC, with the 240 mod, the overall diameter is a little larger than stock and running the 31 tooth pulley helps. Consider on an otherwise stock Warrior, the rpms on a 31-tooth will only increase by about 3%, but the smile factor significantly more. If you do go 31, make sure you get a steel one...
So the 31 tooth front pulley WOULD make a difference? I wouldn't know, never even taken a Warrior (stock or otherwise) for a ride. So, I'm counting on you experienced Warrior owners to steer me in the right direction for this upgrade given the mods I have in motion already! Top end speed isn't going to be a problem, but a little "light to light" fun in town would be fun. If the 31 tooth is going to give me more "grab" and torque off the line, I'd be interested in it! Also, do I need a new drive belt then as well, or, does the stock work with the 31 tooth front pulley? Thanks. Ruckus

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Ruckus - based upon your stated desires & mods I would say do the 31!

Ruckus said:
mdfdwarrior said:

So the 31 tooth front pulley WOULD make a difference? I wouldn't know, never even taken a Warrior (stock or otherwise) for a ride. So, I'm counting on you experienced Warrior owners to steer me in the right direction for this upgrade given the mods I have in motion already! Top end speed isn't going to be a problem, but a little "light to light" fun in town would be fun. If the 31 tooth is going to give me more "grab" and torque off the line, I'd be interested in it! Also, do I need a new drive belt then as well, or, does the stock work with the 31 tooth front pulley? Thanks. Ruckus

·
Premium Member
8,920 Posts
RobRiguez said:
Hmmmm I wonder if the 31tooth would skew the dyno numbers slightly??
It will only change the RPM @ which the max HP & Torqueis developed at the rear wheel!

Ruckus ... i would stick with the 32T stock pulley as there is less stress to the belt drive components in the long run. Swapping over to a 31T in the future is no big deal and only involves readjusting the belt other than the R&R of the pulley.

The 31T was very popular for those owners that did the Road* 5th gear during the factory tranirecall for the '02-03' model years.

Not that i'm any hot-shot rider but i have no problem running at the head of the pack with my 33T Road* 1-1/2" pulley and 240 Metzler phat tire

1 - 13 of 13 Posts