RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the best make and model of the 31T Front Pulley for the Warrior?

Can anybody point me in the right direction of the best deal out there?

I would be willing to entertain thoughts of a used one if it's in good condition.

Thanks!

·
Registered
753 Posts
from what i read on here make sure its steel not billet,the billet ones teeth wear down and the belt slips

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
I have the Baron steel pulley for about 5k miles with no problems. With the 31 tooth pulley the Warrior loves to be launched!!!

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Anyone know under what conditions the Barons Warps?? I have one and am just curious as to the cause. Was it in the older model? Mine is solid steel. Heavy. Seems like it would take quite a bit to warp it.

·
Vendor
943 Posts
Just installed a barons 31t steel pully. Will be a few months before I get to test it. Have never heard of a warping problem. Would like to see a pic of a warped pully. Does it warp so it is out of round or is it where the pully is no longer flat? I agree with BJMartin it is a heavy duty unit and would take a lot to warp it.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I would naturally assume that it is. I mean it is quite the hunk of metal. I figure if anyone out there knows why or how one would warp though, I would like to know since I have one in my bike. I hope though, that YOU are the correct one and there are no issues with a solid piece of steel. lol

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I tell you what, the loss of 5 mph on the top end is so worth it everytime you SMOKE a Harley, VTX, M109,Raider, etc. from the lights.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
from what I understand the barons steel pulley is fine. it is the previous model that was aluminum(i think) that everyone had the problems with

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
BJMartin said:
I tell you what, the loss of 5 mph on the top end is so worth it everytime you SMOKE a Harley, VTX, M109,Raider, etc. from the lights.
Yes it's a nice feeling to pull away from a bike when the guy likes to rev his engine up thinking he's going to blow you away only to see the look of disbelief on his face when you blow him away.

·
Registered
71 Posts
i have barons with 4k on it looks good still. i ride pretty hard in the nevada heat climbin mt rose and the sierras around lake tahoe. hard to imagine it warping... gonna need proof of purchase for that one.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts