RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know some of you guys have been experimenting with the di-noc product and have posted some pics. This is what I did today. Wrapped the tach silver trim piece, the select/reset plate and the edging below that plate. Didnt want the silver look around the tach anymore, and the edging around the key area was looking kind of beat up. Pulled the pieces off, wrapped, and re-applied with 3M trim adheasive. I think it came out pretty good. The Di-Noc was pretty easy to work with. You will need a hair dryer or a heat gun for these complex shapes, but becomes very pliable. Next is the top tree. Here is a few pics

The pics dont do it justice. I think it looks much better in person.
Anyway, happy modding' and dont forget a good brew when your done:)

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Looks nice man, I think I just found my next thing to wrap Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
looks great! I think LD might have suggested another option for that carbon fiber vinyl wrap stuff.

LD... you got your ears on?

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
I use some stuff called SimCarbon, lots cheaper than 3m, slightly different weave but I think it turns out nice. Holds up just as well. I currently have it my pushrod tubes

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts

·
Registered
13,027 Posts
True Dat.

JBat has a great write-up comparing the two. BalooHungary has covered a LOT of his bike with it. Someone else has too. Migsy? Something with an m...

I have my write-up on it in my blog. I also did the side covers. Love em. Just a little bling to set them off. Plus the old paint was showing it's age.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Wondering how you pulled the trim pieces off? Trying to do this now but not having luck getting them off without bending them.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Heat up the pieces good with a hairdryer. They are held with 3M double tape, I believe. They will come off, just be patient

·
Registered
97 Posts
I tried just laying the DiNoc right over it...but I'm too particular and I couldn't get it to my liking. After heating up the trim pieces, they came off easy and I was able to wrap them completely and get nice edges etc. Probably took 10 minutes to do both trim pieces and it looks great. Thanks for the pointers!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts