RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning. I´m working on the three plate mod and I´d like to get your opinion on the gunk within. Seems like it´s some oily buildup but I´m curious to know how this happens and if it´s normal.

Regarding the friction plates, is there any specific way that the plates should line up, I mean, since there´s like two grooves in one of the tab and one groove in the opposite tab. Does it matter how its lined up?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,859 Posts
Morning. I´m working on the three plate mod and I´d like to get your opinion on the gunk within. Seems like it´s some oily buildup but I´m curious to know how this happens and if it´s normal.

• It's from condensation. The root cause being the engine oil hasn't heated up adequately from short rides.
Regarding the friction plates, is there any specific way that the plates should line up, I mean, since there´s like two grooves in one of the tab and one groove in the opposite tab. Does it matter how its lined up?
Zoom in on the enclosed photo and take note of the (2) I.D. marks on the clutch basket (Members LH forefinger) :) I think it's freeezzzz?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hello Iceland from Russia! Your country is very beautiful!
Thanks, it´s not bad, just short riding season :D

And thank you alanh for clearing this up for me. I didn´t notice the two dots and in my head, these marks should be telling me something so I had to ask. I know that the previous owner had something done by the dealership and it seems like they did not assembly the right way.

What about the white-ish creamy stuff that is accumulative inside the cover?

·
Super Moderator
5,687 Posts
the creamy stuff is probably oil mixed with condensation. If you start your bike and just run it for a few minutes without riding it. It usually builds up condensation and causes the creamy stuff. If you ride it for 15 minutes or so it keeps the condensation burned off.

·
Registered
381 Posts
If condensation is detected in this unit, the first thing I would check is the oil seal of the rotary clutch release rod with number 93102-15212-00

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, then I'm gonna blame the previous owner because that's not my habit. At least I'm gonna give it a good clean and do some research about the oil seal and hope it's not something overly complicated...
Since I got the bike all apart, I might as well dig a little deeper.

·
Registered
990 Posts
That creamy stuff is oil and water emulsified. And the Steels in the clutch look like they got a little rust on them too.
How new is this bike to you? Any chance it was in a flood?
You'll love the three plate mod it's awesome.
And I'll be in Reykjavik Wednesday through Sunday can't wait!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That creamy stuff is oil and water emulsified. And the Steels in the clutch look like they got a little rust on them too.
How new is this bike to you? Any chance it was in a flood?
You'll love the three plate mod it's awesome.
And I'll be in Reykjavik Wednesday through Sunday can't wait!
I sort of knew about the creamy stuff but I was wondering how it formed in an aircooled motor :)
About the rust, it´s only a bad photo quality, there´s no rust and the bike is in a very good shape.

Its great to hear that you are coming to Iceland, contact me and I can give you good pointers for your stay here :Thumbsup::)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts