RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
plz could someone tell me how to post pics got pic in my docs. windows xp not very savy u guys wanted to see tank but i dont know how to post . Idont want to send emails to all who ask but thats all i know how to do.

·
Administrator
29,683 Posts
I notice you haven't started your free picture gallery to show off your bike. You can post a cpuple bike pics, plus a couple tank pics in your gallery. Then you can copy and paste a pic from your gallery into any post you want. Or you can tell people to see your gallery for the tank pics. Its been so long I don't remember how to start a gallery but I'm sure someone else will chime in for you.

AZwar04 said:
plz could someone tell me how to post pics got pic in my docs. windows xp not very savy u guys wanted to see tank but i dont know how to post . Idont want to send emails to all who ask but thats all i know how to do.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I had alot of trouble with this but finally got it. You can subscribe to photobucket or flicker. Then you can upload your pics and paste the linkson your posts, it takes some time but you'll get it.

·
Registered
306 Posts
here's what i do,

upload picture to my gallery

then go to my gallery and click on the photo

copy the address of the large image

select image in the addpost box

paste the url to the large image

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry guys just cant fig out if u really want to see tank i can only email pic so email me and ill send pics. [email protected] I really would like to get pics out with the bike lowered and not wider then stock tank, and 6in 4 in back risres looks alot like a bigdog. did the welding myself only got 325 $ in tank. sorry im a slow learner

·
Registered
926 Posts
thanks for the email. I took the liberty of posting you images into this thread.

I have a few questions. How did you measure 4.7 gallons? Is that the volume of the tank alone, not counting the reserve tank? In the pictures, I can't really tell the difference in size from a stock tank. Is it longer, wider, taller? I think it might be taller.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
the tank looks really good
although i'm not really sure what all the fuss is about wanting to have more capacity
after 100 miles of riding i'm usually ready to stretch my legs and take a leak

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thx for antitrek1 help for posting pics tank is 3inch taller range 165-185 before res thats when filled to epa neck. then res kicks in. Ihave little ovr 18000 miles on bike, got 4000 miles this summer and when your going down interstate at 80 to 90 mph stopping every hour for gas stinks and takes forever to rode 500 to 800 miles a day. only home every other weekend rideing keeps me sane. Like i on my other forums bike dyno almost 80 hp and trq 108. gps at red line 123.5 speedo reads 134. with windsheild and my fat butt not fast to my crotch rocket but pretty good for a oldtimer bike.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
trek tank was mt but res was full. 1/2 gallon res. i measured the fuel i poured in tank up to epa neck, i did cut a air hole in neck incase i want to pack full of fuel. so total fuel is 4.7 intank and .5 in res underseat tank. tank is a little ovre 3 inches taller and tapered to org hieght so seat would clear. Notice my 6inch risers to get an idea how tall it is then go look at the stock bike pics. Ididnt want a wider tank wanted a taller set so would flow into my 1 3/4 lowered rear end. takes almost 20$ to fill when gas got up there.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
southboundchicken said:
the tank looks really good
although i'm not really sure what all the fuss is about wanting to have more capacity
after 100 miles of riding i'm usually ready to stretch my legs and take a leak
100 mile qnd it is time for a butt break.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
AZwar04 said:

Click here to go to a new window that will teach you all the wonders of posting pictures.
If you still can't get it to work than let me know and i will walk you thru the entire process

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Okay guys like i said in my earlier posts i bought 2 tanks on ebay and cut them with a dremal welded them together lengthened vent tubes by cuttling plate in front. Plastic coated the inside gind weld very thin layer og plastic sand and paint. did wrk myself and no im not prof anything just a biker that has learned in 30 yrs if u cant afford to pay for it do it yourself. was all done in the garage in background. tank clears my 6 inch risers with stock bars and can see all gauges.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I could try and build another one this winter. I drive truck so it wouldnt be ready till early spring got 325 in that one just all depends on how much i can buy tanks on ebay. if any would want one u would get it primered no paint. not lking to make $ but would like to get cost out of another one .

1 - 20 of 35 Posts