RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for all interested, you can see the nasty little culpret circlip on page 5-120 of the service manual. and it is a fact, to get to the circlip, the engine cases must be split. (knew i shoulda got the v-max). now boyz this where harley davidson has us beat. their trannys can be removed without total disassembly or engine removal (engina)
anyway i still like my warrior & the dealer mechanics have had plenty of practice on the road stars which arnt so much different. this isnt the first recall in the world, just ours. so shed your tear, vent your anger then let it go & get on with your life. me too

·
Registered
311 Posts
I'm with you PigDog! I agree that it is a pain, but at least I'm not one of the unfortunate few that had a bad experience with this problem! My Service guy is aware of this because I read it here! Thank You for that! He is ordering the parts I need, and will call me when they arrive. Not worried about down time. It's cold and wet here in Oregon. Besides, my insurance is in the middle of the Layoff period! Perfect timing in my book!

·
Registered
352 Posts
I'm ok with the mechanics. My Yammi dealer prepares R6 and R1 for races!

dt,
Yammi sends a kit to the dealer to substitute gear and circlip. That's what they say.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts