RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is the fifth gear mod valid on a 2005 warrior? it seems that the discussions were about a year old.

are the correct part numbers for a 2005:

5VN-17151-00-00 5th pinion

5VN-17251-00-00 5th wheel

bike is getting a stage 4 kit and some executioners, might as well do it then. any other suggestions while i'm at it.

thanx
dan

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Might not be worth it. The engine does not have to come out to install the stage 4 kit. To install the new 5th gear set the engine has to be removed & the cases split to gain access to the trans gears. Your looking at 5% difference in gearing in 5th gear or about 150 rpm less at 80 mph.

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
Suggestions??? ...Spend more time reading the archives and forum posting guidelines Dan. We don't post questions in the "Installed Modifications" forum.

There's plenty of info on this, even if it's a year old. Check the recall section, most had this done at this time. Like Churchkey suggested, 5th gear is not a simple mod. Keep what you got down there.

I'd suggest headwork if you're planning on doing anything extra. It'll make that Speedstar kit come alive. Don't know what airkit you're gonna use but the Speedstar kit is not for street use w/ no filters for the velocity stacks. Those pipes will kill your power too.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
I love my new 5th gear, but if it wasn't for the tranny recall on the 02's and 03's, not many of us would have gotten it done, myself included.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts