RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,319 Posts
You can play around with the size of the front pulley if you want lower RPM's on the hwy,but you'll lose alittle pulling power. Or if you still haven't had the recall and if you have an older Warrior,
you can have them install the roadstar 5th gear. Could you tell us exactly why you want a 6th gear? Keep in mind if your looking for a higher top end, forget it cause we all have the same rev limiter.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I love my Roadie 33T front pulley. [^]

It provides a nice overdrive effect in 5th.
I can do 70mph at 2500rpm.

http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=24697&SearchTerms=33,tooth

·
Registered
364 Posts
I always want one more gear too... then i look down and it says about 110-120mph and figure that is probably good enough... for now. Does mileage change much with the 33T front pulley? How about top speed? And pull goin up through the gears?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do a lot of long trips , and I was just trying to get the best of both worlds.[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
id like a six speed tranny... but it will never probably happen, as the tranny is part of the engine casing....

unless yamaha of course designs it that way

on harleys, they have a seperate tranny, it connected of course by the primary belt....

thats as simple as a company designing a new "box" to fit in the same space....

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
I have the 33 tooth front cog and do a lot of h/way touring. It drops the revs around 250rpm for the same speed. The affect to off the mark is negligable, on the h/way it is in its ellement and you do save some fuel, depending on how you ride. I travel 2 up with a trailer and don't have any problem with still putting power down and moving off quickly.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
You would need a bike with a divorced transmission to have the ability to change it. Not even a hope or prayer with the Warrior. They will be putting turbos on from the factory first.

·
Registered
432 Posts
An extra gear would be nice.... I am about 3500 rpm's at 75 mph. I think an extra gear would help with the gas mileage a bit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts