RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did my 600 mile service today. That entailed an engine oil change, and changing the transfer case oil. I did it at my dads house because he bought a motorcycle jack for his new harley. And let me tell you. If you don't have a motorcycle jack and you do your own work it will be the best thing you ever buy. I only had to raise the bike up a few inches off the ground, and the crankcase drain plug was extremely easy to get to with a standard snap on 12 point 17mm wrench. From reading on this forum I expected this plug to be super tight, but I was able to break it loose with a quick blow with the palm of my hand. I used a socket for the oil tank, and since the bike was already on the jack, I didn't even have to tip it up. The oil just drained straight down into the drain pan.

I removed the exhaust to do the transfer case service. I thought for sure that I would run into a problem with this. But everything went extremely smooth. Everything went back together with no problems. Nothing was scratched or damaged. Everything went perfect. Once again, if you don't have a motorcycle jack, get one. It makes all the difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts