RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok I had the front 33 tooth pulley on for WWW08 ride , now I got on the 65 tooth 1 1/2" rear with 128 tooth belt. Bike runs great on fwy - as the old saying goes no more searching for 6th gear. Now I need a speedo healer and black chrome the rear pulley and i'm done. The 1 1/2 belt really beefs up the rear .

Question : does anyone in Aus have a spare bottom belt guard that your not using ?

·
Registered
741 Posts
I'll have a spare stock lower belt guard from next week that u can have.

I have to ask ........ what happened to your original

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
What have you noticed about your mileage and RPMS in top gear? How about top gear roll-ons for passing and so on? Has there been any change that you've noticed? Do you have to drop a gear now to pass, or will the beast simply just go faster without any lag?

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SuicideD_45 said:
What have you noticed about your mileage and RPMS in top gear? How about top gear roll-ons for passing and so on? Has there been any change that you've noticed? Do you have to drop a gear now to pass, or will the beast simply just go faster without any lag?

Jeez thats alot of Q's

top gear rpm : 60mph i'd have to say is "around" 1900 - 2000 rpm at a guess - I say this b'cause i'm basing this on the speed of the traffic around me - I'll have to run through one of those speed traps where they display your speed to get a more accurate reading

Top gear roll-ons : mmm lets see my 4th gear feels like 5th and my 5th gear ( over drive ) feels like a 6th .I'm not a hoon but pulling away from everyone was NO problem

do I have to drop a gear to pass : no , remember this is a 1700 cc plenty of go all over the place. But I find that the gears seem to go forever.

I only did a 40km fwy run today - but I've got to say - combined with the 33 tooth front pulley I have - I AM REAL HAPPY.

If I want more power - I guess I can add a PC3 and have the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gtg_ozzie said:
I'll have a spare stock lower belt guard from next week that u can have.

I have to ask ........ what happened to your original

that will be great Greg , Much appreciated ! just tell us when / where mate

What happened to the original - Lets just say the 1 12" belt needs to have the original belt guard modified to fit or it will rub until it splits in half , found that out at the 20k mark of a 40 k test ride haha..... oh well live n learn

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Time said:
SuicideD_45 said:

Jeez thats alot of Q's

top gear rpm : 60mph i'd have to say is "around" 1900 - 2000 rpm at a guess - I say this b'cause i'm basing this on the speed of the traffic around me - I'll have to run through one of those speed traps where they display your speed to get a more accurate reading

Top gear roll-ons : mmm lets see my 4th gear feels like 5th and my 5th gear ( over drive ) feels like a 6th .I'm not a hoon but pulling away from everyone was NO problem

do I have to drop a gear to pass : no , remember this is a 1700 cc plenty of go all over the place. But I find that the gears seem to go forever.

I only did a 40km fwy run today - but I've got to say - combined with the 33 tooth front pulley I have - I AM REAL HAPPY.

If I want more power - I guess I can add a PC3 and have the best of both worlds.

Thanks for the insight and info...I just was curious on the smaller rear pulley. It sounds like a worthy mod. You're probably getting 7% better mileage, based on the difference in size and # of teeth. Also, with the larger front pulley that adds a bit more "umph" to roll-ons.

Thanks again.

Dan

·
Premium Member
8,959 Posts
SuicideD_45 said:

Ken akaBladerunr has been running with this pulley configurationfor some time now and is a great resource for specific information. He currently has over 97,000 miles on his Warrior.

I had the pleasure of riding with himlast weekend on the WCW Rally on the Sonora Pass. If i'm not mistaken, Ken saidhis top speed is around 110mph where the bike just flatruns out of horsepower.

Here's a couple of earlier posts regarding the differences: http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/25991/378191.aspx#378191and also here: http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/28927/392014.aspx#392014EDITIED 09/23/08: I forgot to mention that Ken has the Road* 5th Gear

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Welcome to the fat belt club Time, you won't need to adjust your speedo it will still run true. Mine did as I checked it against the mechanical one that I had on my bike.

Be careful at 60kph, you may need to down shift if the road has a slight up hill grade or just speed up. At a 110kph you should be on 2200 rpm.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
AlanH said:
SuicideD_45 said:

Ken akaBladerunr has been running with this pulley configurationfor some time now and is a great resource for specific information. He currently has over 97,000 miles on his Warrior.

I had the pleasure of riding with himlast weekend on the WCW Rally on the Sonora Pass. If i'm not mistaken, Ken saidhis top speed is around 110mph where the bike just flatruns out of horsepower.

Here's a couple of earlier posts regarding the differences: http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/25991/378191.aspx#378191and also here: http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/28927/392014.aspx#392014
Alan, sorry for the delay in replying. I don't want you to think I
was rude! The info is helpful, as always! Many thanks for enlightening
me!
Dan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts