RS Warrior Forum banner
21 - 40 of 106 Posts
Re: 65t Rear Pulley

Interesting mods. I would like to get the RoadStar 5th gear, but since I couldn't afford that I got the 33 tooth front pulley. Lowers the RPMs a bit while cruising. I average 45 mpg on my last raod trip. Extends the fuel stops a bit and some of the stretch I road it helped.

gman... curious if you are using a gps to verify mileage?quote:Originally posted by gman

I average 45 mpg on my last raod trip. Extends the fuel stops a bit and some of the stretch I road it helped.

Bladerunner- Let me know when you got the 33t pulley off, I can be easily persuaded to acquire it.

Originally posted by Bladerunr

..........I might go back to the 32 in front (if I can break the locktite), but I'm keeping the 65. Dunno about top speed, I had to lift just after the 4/5 shift. I'm sure it will run out of HP before it runs out of gear.............

awesome i like this mod i am going to have to keep an eye on it. i want to make it all interchangeable though. are you running the 32T front still? i think you mentioned already i just want to make sure i got my info right.

I'm in the process of changing mine out to a 33 front and 65 rear at 1 1/2" belt, did the grinding on the weekend to fit the bigger front pulley. I have to send some gear off to the chromers, then it will be naked front 33t with 65t rear and 1 1/2" X 128t belt. I don't have the Roadie fifth gear, missed that on the recall.
I had to drill out the stud holes in the rear pulley, just used a hand drill. I had a spare rear wheel clutch hub and needed to get it machined 1.5mm so that the pulleys would line up right, it also helps to have a spare clutch hub if I need to change it back for some reason.
What would be the gain without the Roadie 5th gear?
Can't wait to assemble, but will have to.

AlanH said:
gman... curious if you are using a gps to verify mileage?
quote:

Originally posted by gman

I average 45 mpg on my last raod trip. Extends the fuel stops a bit and some of the stretch I road it helped.

No I was using the odometer. Since then I have used the mileage on the highway map and found I was getting 42 mpg. This is highway mileage running down the road at 70 - 75 mph according to the speedo. I have Churchkey's VBAK and a Power Commander, neither of which seemed to change mileage much pro or con, but it sure runs better.

Discussion starter · #30 ·

datman7890 said:
Wouldnt the pulley change throw your mileage off or did you calc that in??

Like this idea alot though. So much revs at 75

Yes it does mess up the odometer. After correcting the speedometer with the SpeedoHealer, the Odometernow reads low about 11%. Speed at RPM, and fuel mileage that I quote are GPS verified.

If I go to a 1.5" wide pulley will I have clearence issue with swing arm.

Does pulley mount same as stock pulley drilled out holes to the outside ?

Any additional info. would be greatly appreciated !!!!

I am planning on putting the 65 tooth rear pulley on my warrior but i am going to leave the stock front pulley on it for now. What performance differences will I see without changing the front pulley? Also, will I need the 128 tooth belt if I just change the rear pulley?

devils backbone warrior said:
If I go to a 1.5" wide pulley will I have clearence issue with swing arm.

Does pulley mount same as stock pulley drilled out holes to the outside ?

Any additional info. would be greatly appreciated !!!!

i did the 1.5" belt mod with a g&s 260 swing arm and had to shave off a little bit of the swing arm to keep the lower part of the belt from rubbing. it was a tight fit for me

I did the 65 tooth rear pulley, 31 tooth front pully and 128 Tooth Gates 1-1/8" Rear Drive Belt. Perfect combo of power through all the gears and lower RPMs at higher speeds. Only regret is putting off this mod as long as I did!

21 - 40 of 106 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.