RS Warrior Forum banner

65 Tooth Rear Pulley

38K views 105 replies 41 participants last post by  Heftysmurf 
#1 · (Edited)
Finally, reached down for 6th at 80 and found it!
It's a 65 tooth pulley from a late model hardley, 35 bucks delivered. I had to ream out the bolt holes, easy. Also had to shorten the belt by two teeth, not so easy. I had to order a new belt anyway (picked up a piece of gravel, made a nice hole in my belt).

If you were thinking about the 33 front, consider a HD 65 rear. There are a ton of them on eBay, 20 - 500 bucks, depending on how fancy. It's easy to do and you get about twice the effect of the 33 front.

[
] gps80mph -@- 2600rpm [
] Don't even think about high gear 'till 60. 4th now goes past 100.
[Roadie 5th gear, Roadie 33t front, HD 65t rear, Gates 128t x 1 1/8"]
Edit: 3/5/2012 (now 33t front, HD 65t rear, Falcon Carbon 128t x 1.5")

The new one...

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: 65t Rear Pulley

You're on to something good, tell us about the rest of the gears. Any bog, higher revs to get off in first. Where would you say 5th gear @ 2500rpm would be w/o roadie 5th gear? Thanks for the post, very interesting. Did you have to use drill or d press or did you use round file to ream?[8D]

#5 ·

Bladerunr.... the words out here in SoCal that you can't make it over the Tejon Pass so the LITTLE OLD LADY FROM PASADENA is coming up to Livermore to blow you off in the 1/8th mile on Bike Night while your buddies are watching [
] LOL

Based on my Excel Spreadsheet here's a comp and that's a big difference What's your top speed?

70T Rear 31T Front 2.258 Ratio -3.23%
70T Rear 32T Front 2.188 Ratio 0.00% Stock
70T Rear 33T Road* 2.121 Ratio 3.03% Difference My Bike
65T Rear 32T Front 2.031 Ratio 7.14% Difference w/stock frt pulley
65T Rear 33T Road* 1.970 Ratio 9.96% Difference + Road* 5th Gear Your bike

#8 · (Edited)

My Great Gramma was from Pasadena. I thought you had to be a little old lady to live there until I was 6. :rolleyes:
My 60ft et might suffer, after that, shift points are just the same. Anyway, if I go drag racin, I can switch to 31 - 70 in about 20 minutes. I'd rather go stateline for lunch, and 2500 makes for a nice relaxing trip.

Your calcs match mine exactly. I was concerned that it might be too much until I rode it. I might go back to the 32 in front (if I can break the locktite), but I'm keeping the 65. Dunno about top speed, I had to lift just after the 4/5 shift. I'm sure it will run out of HP before it runs out of gear.

quote:Originally posted by AlanH

Bladerunr.... the words out here in SoCal that you can't make it over the Tejon Pass so the LITTLE OLD LADY FROM PASADENA is coming up to Livermore to blow you off in the 1/8th mile on Bike Night while your buddies are watching [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] LOL

Based on my Excel Spreadsheet here's a comp and that's a big difference What's your top speed?

70T Rear 31T Front 2.258 Ratio -3.13%
70T Rear 32T Front 2.188 Ratio 0.00% Stock
70T Rear 33T Road* 2.121 Ratio 3.13% Difference My Bike
65T Rear 32T Front 2.031 Ratio 7.69% Difference w/stock frt pulley
65T Rear 33T Road* 1.970 Ratio 11.06% Difference + Road* 5th Gear Your bike

#9 ·

Bladerunr... not to bust your $ss but that 128T belt is really going to be very difficult getting it to fit over the 31/70 combo [:0] you're going to lose the race by default [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]
quote:Originally posted by Bladerunr

Anyway, if I go drag racin, I can switch to 31 - 70 in about 20 minutes.

#10 ·

From a stop, it's not as bad as taking off in second. Warrior has plenty of torque. I like the fact that I don't have to shift 'till I'm past the intersection, first gear goes forever. Shift points going into corners is all changed and will take some getting used to. I don't have a clue about stock 5th, been a long time. Look at Alan's calcs to get an idea. I don't have a drill press, so I did it on my lathe, you could use a hand drill 15/32" - 12mm.

To answer one other question: You must go with a 128 belt. I tried it, 130 is just too long. I don't think they make a 129, but that might work. Changing the belt was the biggest pain, Bigshots have to go, footrest, brake links, etc.

quote:Originally posted by whajac

You're on to something good, tell us about the rest of the gears. Any bog, higher revs to get off in first. Where would you say 5th gear @ 2500rpm would be w/o roadie 5th gear? Thanks for the post, very interesting. Did you have to use drill or d press or did you use round file to ream?[8D]

#11 ·

You might be right...

quote:

Originally posted by AlanH

Bladerunr... not to bust your $ss but that 128T belt is really going to be very difficult getting it to fit over the 31/70 combo [:0] you're going to lose the race by default [
]

#22 ·

Interesting mods. I would like to get the RoadStar 5th gear, but since I couldn't afford that I got the 33 tooth front pulley. Lowers the RPMs a bit while cruising. I average 45 mpg on my last raod trip. Extends the fuel stops a bit and some of the stretch I road it helped.

#23 ·

gman... curious if you are using a gps to verify mileage?quote:Originally posted by gman

I average 45 mpg on my last raod trip. Extends the fuel stops a bit and some of the stretch I road it helped.

#24 ·

Bladerunner- Let me know when you got the 33t pulley off, I can be easily persuaded to acquire it.

Originally posted by Bladerunr

..........I might go back to the 32 in front (if I can break the locktite), but I'm keeping the 65. Dunno about top speed, I had to lift just after the 4/5 shift. I'm sure it will run out of HP before it runs out of gear.............

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.