RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
the handle bars were made for the warrior about two years ago and i never got around to installing them. the trees and bars are painted with the same color thats on the frame however when he painted them he used gloss clearcoat instead of flat which is what it calls for. so it doesnt match the frame but it turned out to be a really nice color so i left them. the gloss brings out the flake. the trees are Mortons 7 degree trees i bought used a few years back. since my bike is lowered i didnt used the fork extensions. once i get the forever wheels i may adjust the height a little but its good for now. i have only ridden it a few miles since its been back together (just finished today). i rode it to the gas station, around the neighborhood several times, and around the lake. no handling issues. still leaned like a pro. have a couple small details to finish up but i will get them handled and have it back to full duty soon. i used the factory turn signals on the front. the are sitting at a different angle but i kind of like it. i might replace then one day but for now they can stay. the brake lines will need some attention. they will "work" for now but i will either replace them with a custom length set or bend some hard lines myself. we will see. for now i just want to get the machine back on the road. i will internally wire the bars as well. ive done it many times but i wanted to make sure i liked the way everything sat before i made ot permenant. the bars are about 5 inches over stock and are much more comfortable.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i took it out for a few miles tonight. not a lot of miles. this weekend i will "nut and bolt" the front end and will feel better about it. ive had 7 degree trees before but i used the fork extensions on the other set and i didnt use them on this set. it leans just as easily but the steering does feel slightly heavier at slower speeds. i wont get it on the highway until this weekend but i expect it to do very well. it has two rattle that have been identified and are in the process of being corrected. the broken bolt on the rear tank mount allows the mounting place to vibrate. i ordered the replacement bolt. thought i would have it by now. the other rattle is a little funnier. the tag has vibrated so much that it split in two. it was time to retag it so i had them send me a new plate. im going to put a backer behind it this time. neither of thoses noises are an issue. however i do have a new squeak in the front wheel. its very quiet and only happens on right turns.

·
Registered
2002 Warrior
28 Posts
Those look wicked! Have you considered adding a reaper front fender? Those bars seem like a good match for one to me but they look great without it too. Nice work! 🤘🏼

1 - 10 of 10 Posts