RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, today marks 7 years since I experienced the most surreal thing I have ever seen.Seven Years ago I woke up in a seemingly normal day in NY. A day that soon turned topsy-turvy. A day that forever changed US history and policy. All I have left is a receipt from the restaurant in the WTC Marriott and my room key. I remember looking up at 8:20 through the glass ceiling of the restaurant at the 2 buildings. Not knowing, that that would be the last time they will ever be seen.

Please take a moment of silence to pray for the ones we lost that fateful day in NY. My outlook in life has never been the same since. I pray more, I hug my family more andI am more grateful knowing that tomorrow is a gift and today needs to be seized.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Amen. We lost someone very close to our hearts, that day as many did, and I am glad that you are still with us.

·
Registered
963 Posts
It is amazing how quickly we as a collective group forget these events and turn from our needed path to prevent these events from happening again. My brother spent the month prior to the attack in the WTC and left just 2 days before. He lost quite a few friends that day. God bless all their souls! And rain down vengeance upon the cowards that did this!

Aaron

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
God bless the souls of all lost ones... It feels like yesterday... when I was watching the TV news about that tragic day.
Even if I'm Canadian, I feel a deep compassion for all innocent people who lost their lifes, as well the ones who gave their lifes to save them... I remember that many firefigher trucks from Montreal headed to New York that day to help their brothers rescue precious lives.

It is in fact a hard day to forget, especially for someone who lost a relative or friend in this tragic event. I thank God for protecting me and all my close ones from criminals minds like the ones who ruined so many lives that day...

·
Registered
611 Posts
rifleman223 said:
Please take a moment of silence to pray for the ones we lost that fateful day in NY. My outlook in life has never been the same since. I pray more, I hug my family more andI am more grateful knowing that tomorrow is a gift and today needs to be seized.

That's worth repeating. Never cared for the buildings or the world trade that get's us poison toys, but the rest is worth repeating.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
My brother in-law called and woke us up and as he was trying to explain what he was seeing and hearing as I was trying to gain conciousness still and explain to him how completely rude and inappropriate a joke like this was... then it was obvious he wasn't joking and I tried to grasp how it could happen... then the news and the helplessness... and it kept happening and unfolding horrifically right in front of our eyes.

I got a tattoo yesterday in remembrance of the lost victims and the heroes of that day and me and my wife talked about it... some. It's always hard for me still but she understands. She's a Reagan child andserved in the military also and loves her country just like me so there's really not much to say anyway. It was so avoidable and preventable though. The Cole and the other attacks...ignored. Never forget guys and don't let your kids forget.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts