RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys here are a couple of pics. Sorry I couldn't get the entire bike in the pics but it's in the garage and I can't get the whole thing in one pic. Here are two of the wheels mounted on the bike. I'm definitely going with a black base but haven't decided what I'll do to bring the green into the rest of the bike.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Re: A couple of pics

Wow, that looks sharp! Really cool!

imo the only thing I'd do would be a black exhaust and I'd change the license mout so it wouldn't obstruct the wheel.

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thanks. I can't mess with the BR 2-1, That's my baby! I'm probably going to leave the plate mount there because it really doesn't obstruct the wheel that much. It's just the angle of the pic.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts

Be careful there....you wouldn't want to be mistaken for "Team Green" aka Kawasaki....LOL.....Personally I think that color belongs on a sportbike, and I loved the original black wheels on your bike. IF you really like that color though, I suggest one of these....they are a blast once you go past 13K rpm,

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I just wanted to do something different than the usual black. This thing should look pretty hot when I get it completed with a custom rear fender and the psint job.

·
Registered
926 Posts

I thought you were considering red wheels. Either way the wheels really stand out. You should color match and paint the 102 on the right side. I think it might look pretty good, but I gotta see the whole bike. Snap a few more pics this weekend.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts

Maybe a green mesh in lower cowl. I was thinking of doing some red red on mine. If not the whole thing, some green down there.

·
Registered
921 Posts

Hey Pep, I like what you are attempting with the green - very distinctive!

What other colors are you going to use besides the black & green? Why don't you try usingthatcolorin somestriping on the tins/frame, or maybe on the seat topull the bike together? Have you thought about using a front cowl of some type too?

·
Registered
893 Posts

you ever think about putting the plate bracket on the other side? it would tuck in more, but i don't know if you'd have issues with the PD.

what are your thoughts with the tins? the green really stands out so i wanted to know what you were envisioning for the final look.

black tins with green pinstriping would look pretty cool IMO. just an idea...

·
Registered
883 Posts

This is exactly how I have mine set up...I thought I was that only one who felt like it was looking dull all black.

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Sin_City_Warrior said:
Maybe a green mesh in lower cowl. I was thinking of doing some red red on mine. If not the whole thing, some green down there.

Actually an aluminum cross is going to be mounted in the mesh of the cowl and the inside of the cowl will be backlit with green LEDs.

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

overheadcam427 said:
Hey Pep, I like what you are attempting with the green - very distinctive!

What other colors are you going to use besides the black & green? Why don't you try usingthatcolorin somestriping on the tins/frame, or maybe on the seat topull the bike together? Have you thought about using a front cowl of some type too?
I'm thinking black base with green stripes trimmed in silver pin striping.

·
Registered
452 Posts

No disrespect intended here Pep, but... I think your bike looked great the way it was. The novelty look will not last imho. Classic with subtle personal accents is time tested and lasts forever.ThoughI give you credit for being brave and bold.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts

Rocketino said:
No disrespect intended here Pep, but... I think your bike looked great the way it was. The novelty look will not last imho. Classic with subtle personal accents is time tested and lasts forever.ThoughI give you credit for being brave and bold.
Plus 1 what he said. I love it on Kawi sprot bikes, our's is niether.

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

That's why so many of us have different looking bikes . . . . . . . . . . . personal preference.

Point noted . . . . . . . . . . . . but not taken.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
5,779 Posts

My suggestion for the suggestion box is to paint the taink and fenders that green color,and put black flames starting with the front all black and go to flames.

·
Registered
282 Posts

Reddog said:
My suggestion for the suggestion box is to paint the taink and fenders that green color,and put black flames starting with the front all black and go to flames.

Look its the Green Lantern!! Just kidding, +1 onthe fade effect from front to rear, thatwould look sharp. I have never been a big fan of the bright greens but kudos to you on visualizing how you want things and going for it. Like you said, thats why there are so many different looking Warriors, we all have different taste. The bike is looking good though.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts

Reddog said:

I agree green with black flames.That is a very bright green. I personally liked the way it was but cant judge it until it is finised. I am sure it will look sic.Individuallity is what its all about.Have fun designing the paint.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts