RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent a day at Patrick Racing and had lunch with Nigel Patrick. Saw the record braking bike there sitting on the dyno. I was greeving the fact that I had not taken my camera with me.

I must admit he lives the life that I envy, being around engines and bikes the whole day. He had a brand new Warrior that Yamaha gave him, that will be his personal bike.

I exchanged several ideas with him for the warrior and listened to him tell me all the stuff about Warrior engine that I did not know...

All in all what a gentleman and a very clean professional operation. I must admit, **** of a lot more HD engines go out of there than Yammis, and they all look great.

The visit made me love this bike even more !!! because its my love for the wariror that energizes me to learn more and more about the details behind it and its industry.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Hi Bismarck:

Who's Nigel?!?

What where his deep thoughts about the Warrior?! Why does he really loves the Warrior? Honestly!! Don't tell me it's just the torque, but also the superb handling!

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He is the owner of Patrick Racing. They race the Warriors for Yamaha. Just like Orient Express.

·
Registered
814 Posts
That's awsome Biz. I envy you your experience. I hope you are going to give us some more insight into your conversations sometime.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I had to sign an NDA to keep the confidential stuff confidential. But here are some things I can share with you... The bike that runs the 9.44 generates over 160HP. He uses the carbs not because fuel injections are not as good, but because he was not able to get a good enough ECU to go with the fuel injection and until one is made he will continue to use a carburator.

He machines complete engines from pure billet aluminum. His operation is very impressive. He has three state of the art CNC machines. I was trying to convince him to invest in more products for the Warrior. Perhaps with the new Roadstar also going up in size, it may encourage him to do more. He has the technology and the resources to turn out some very nice pieces.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well gents, as much as I would try to be modest about this one, its hard. It was supposed to be a brief visit, but turned out to be a 5 hour deal. I was going over his race bike like I arnold in the movie Conan the barbarian when he saw a woman for the first time in his life /emoticons/emotion-1.gif I was asking so many questions that I was not letting Nigel finish his answers before I asked them again /emoticons/emotion-1.gif I blew a couple of meetings at work.

I talked about the transfer case at length. The only reason that thing is there is to give the long look. You could easily remove that thing, and take away 45lbs from the motor and you can make a buel look alike. But I would not want that... but what I would not mind is 5 inches shorter of a wheel base...

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
Cool Bismark, I've also had several conversations with the man himself while he was here in Daytona over the last year and a half. He's very approachable and patient. What'd ya think of his accent?, cool too. I've been oogling over his HD goodies for about the last 7 or 8 years. They run carburation on the Warrior not only because easier to work with but they also have to keep many of the modifications within a certain price point as set by the Prostar series rule book. In his own words creating a FI system that would make him as competitive as he is now and keeping it under the price guideline would not be possible to achieve. I believe he also stated that he would have to market the FI system in order for it to be accepted for racing. That would put it in his competitors hands, and that would not be of any advantage for his team. Yamaha has given him great liberties and is the sponsor for the AMA Prostar series, so you can see the connection. Anyting he ,(and OE too) , can do make the Warrior a winner in the series is like advertising for Yamaha.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Life is tooo good for you Bismark. That's pretty much a fantasy day.
I always wondered what this thing had a transfer case for. Thanks for the info. Color me green

·
Registered
549 Posts
... but I would not mind is 5 inches shorter of a wheel base...

Hey Reza, you're still my hero. Just curious as to why you would like a shorter bike other than quicker handling? You trying to give those GSX1000's a run?

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wolfhound.. thank, I am hardley a hero for anyone /emoticons/emotion-1.gif You are right, my problem is when I go riding with the Warrior, I still act like I am on a sport bike and push the beast to its limits. My brother on the last ride (he has a dynaglide and a Ducati) wtold, me what th ehell is wrong with you, if you wanted to ride like this, whey didn't you bring the TZR?

I guess I am confused !!! I love this bike, and some how want to drag it more and more towards a canyon bike.

·
Registered
549 Posts
quote:Originally posted by TaiwanJohn

I would love to see this in production.
http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mcyam/mt01.html
Yeah buddy!!... I saw this thing in Cycle World a couple years back. Imagine a 96inch vtwin wheelie machine. Would be even better with a Warrior motor. I would certainly buy one.[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Count on me!!!!!!! I like the handling of the Warrior too. OK page 5-79 "Removing the transfer gear case cover",5-85 "Removing the transfer gear case" OK! Now what? etc...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts