RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a Yamaha dealer today because I have been looking for a Warrior. I have only seen the pics of them on this site and have never sat on one, so I figured go and try it out! I had no intentions of buying a new one, but the guy showed me a 2007. He said that he would give it to me for 11,500. out the door. No prep, freight etc. Is this a good price or do you guys think I should haggle some more. I don't want to lose a good deal either by procrastinating, yet don't want to rush. The bike is soooooooo sweet!
Anyway, let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
quote:Originally posted by vector18

I'm not that far from Farmingdale and mine is for sale! [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

and worth every penny too, it takes a lot of loot to get a bike to this point [8D]

·
Registered
76 Posts
That's what I paid for my new 07, joints. It's a 'fair' price IMO. When you're not getting screwed by a dealer, you're generally doing ok. Some people on the forum seem to have dealers that make better deals, but I haven't seen it locally.
Personally, for me, and particularly for a bike, I just didn't trust a used one (at least for my first bike). I would have no idea what it's been through or how it's been treated. That, plus the *one* used model I saw had custom pipes but didn't even have a fuel system on it - it backfired like mad. It didn't exactly give me the warm and fuzzies about the care the bike was given.
I'm extremely happy with my new 07 and I know that if anyone's going to screw it up, there's only one person to blame.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Joints99, That is not a bad price. You may do better on a new one, but is it worth the hastle? Usually not.

These bike are extremely dependable. A used one is your best deal. Look for one with just a few mods. Keep in mind that if the mod on it is not what you would do, you are going to change it eventually. So it adds no value to the bike.

My wife recently picked up an '02, for $5400. So you could easily find a used one for $6-7K, with some mods and have a lot left over for you own mods.

·
Registered
179 Posts
There is a newsed 07 at my local dealer that has t bars, forward controls, vance and hines propipe, rt side AIS cover and a Corbin 2 up touring seat with 1 backrest for 10,000 has 1500 miles on it and is blue/silver flames.It has been there a little while so they might be flexable on the $. Not sure if it has a PC III on it but I can check if you are interested (gives me a reson to stop in...) I bought mine last year from there. 05 blk cherry with a memphis shield, v+h pipes and a pcIII,4,000 miles with a 1 1/2 year extended warranty left for 9k.Oh and I got new Bridgestone Excedra sneakers thrown in too.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
buy used, you'll need mod money.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts