RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys
I hope this is alright to post in here. I have been reading a book called" The hunt for Puerto del Faglioli" by Paddy Tyson. I finished it today and thought it would be cool to pass it on to some one else. My thoughts are to send it to the first person who says they want it. I will send it free of charge but The only thing I ask is that when you finish it to do the same.I think it would be cool to see how far we can go with it.
The book is about an Irish guy who ships his bike to canada and rides it to south america.The rest you will have to read yourself.

Post up if you want it.:D

Dwayne

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
You know, that's a very cool idea Isle. I have several really good motorcycle books I have read, and I will bet others here do too. How about an RSW library?

I will go through mine when I get home tonight and post them up too. Should we start another post and just call it the RSW library?

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
O7 midinght
Hey casey I sent you a PM.

California
The library sounds like a good idea,or just keep it going here what ever works for everyone.

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
Ok, I have one book here at work that I will send in the continental US. Motorcycling Stories by Pete Boonstra. Subtitle is Adventure Touring: From the Northwest Territories to the Yucatan Peninsula. Good book. Same deal, no charge, pass it on when done.

First I'll take it, gets it.

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
I'd like to be on the list for any and all. Great idea!

·
Administrator
28,226 Posts
Respectfully please include me in the sing-along - uh - I mean book sharing!

Hey guys
I hope this is alright to post in here. I have been reading a book called" The hunt for Puerto del Faglioli" by Paddy Tyson. I finished it today and thought it would be cool to pass it on to some one else. My thoughts are to send it to the first person who says they want it. I will send it free of charge but The only thing I ask is that when you finish it to do the same.I think it would be cool to see how far we can go with it.
The book is about an Irish guy who ships his bike to canada and rides it to south america.The rest you will have to read yourself.

Post up if you want it.:D

Dwayne

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
Ok, so here is what I found tonight:

Ted Simon, Jupiter's Travels
Robert Edison Fulton, One Man Caravan

Dewie and Oldman are next in line, so if you guys want them, PM me an address. If not, say so and we'll go to the next person which is Arizona.

This is kind of cool...you guys know the rule, right? Pass it on when done.

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
And one more, although not strictly a "motorcycle" book per se, this one is a great read. Difficult but really enlightening, about a guy who tosses a career in a think tank (he has a Ph.D.) and starts a motorcycle repair shop because it seems real to him and he enjoys it, whereas he really isn't sure what the heck he did before.

The Case for Working with Your Hands, by Matthew Crawford

Goes to Arizona unless you don't want it, just let me know. PM address if you do.

I have not received any PM addresses from the rest of you but will give it a day or two...

·
Administrator
28,226 Posts
I'm sorry I don't have a copy to share, but highly recommend 'Zen and the Art of Motorcyle Maintenance' written in the early seventies by Robert Pirsig. Mostly its about us. We The Motorcyclists. Its also about The Ride Is The Thing.

And its a bigger topic. Early-on it answers the questions we all have about why do it yourself. It also opened my eyes to the pitfalls of not knowing how to do it yourself by having done it yourself . . . which happily explains why I'm always encouraging guys to 'do it by the book a couple times' before taking shortcuts or modifying the sequence.

There's plenty of stuff there to agree with and plenty more to disagree with, so its among the most perfect motorcycle books I know, and also among the least perfect motorcycle books I know. Sorta like all us bikers lol.

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
1 - 20 of 67 Posts