RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Gotta GET parts n SOME :beer::beer::beer: n take a ride to rudys shop..........
Any time :D

Dnt u need to buy the whole set up frm Barnett to do this mod
The only parts you wanna get from barnett is the SR2 conversion - pressure plate/gold springs. The other springs are sold separately.

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

·
Registered
8 Posts
Type-o

In your description of the 3rd plate I noticed you have referenced #18 which is the circlip on the back of the clutch basket. I think you meant to put #14 which is the Clutch dampener spring seal. Which would be the last thin plate that would need a paper clip.

Plate#3
#11 Wire Circlip - Tossed
#9 Friction plate #1 - Replaced
#13 - Clutch dampener spring - Tossed
#14 Clutch dampener spring seal - Tossed
#12 Clutch plate - Stays

Plate #2
#8 Cushion Spring - Tossed
#9 Friction plate #1- Replaced

Plate #1

That would give 5 tossed items like the picture. Is this correct guys? I am looking to order parts and do this soon because mine slips a little if I get on it on the highway. Great write up. Really makes me feel comfortable about doing the mod.

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
In your description of the 3rd plate I noticed you have referenced #18 which is the circlip on the back of the clutch basket. I think you meant to put #14 which is the Clutch dampener spring seal. Which would be the last thin plate that would need a paper clip.

Plate#3
#11 Wire Circlip - Tossed
#13 - Clutch dampener spring - Tossed
#14 Clutch dampener spring seal - Tossed
#12 Clutch plate - Stays

Plate #2
#9 Friction plate #1- Replaced

Plate #1

That would give 5 tossed items like the picture. Is this correct guys? I am looking to order parts and do this soon because mine slips a little if I get on it on the highway. Great write up. Really makes me feel comfortable about doing the mod.
Thanks, I used the boats.net reference # instead of my pic. It's corrected now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well tried this today. Stupid me used a cheap torque wrench so broke a bolt off in the inner hub. Tried extracting but no dice. Then tried to drill it out to helicoil and well the wall thickness is not enough so just ordered a used inner hub from ebay. 72 bucks....not bad.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah, it sucked. However I decided to replace all the other friction plates since they are almost out of spec. Kind of cool because really all you need it 9 friction plates which I already bought 3. So only 60 extra to be all new. Lesson learned about cheap torque wrenches.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Great write up. Got the replacement clutch hub yesterday. Installed everything with a good torque wrench. For those attempting without one basically as soon as it gets tension. Then back off and feel right as the tension starts.

As far as performance goes. This is a world of a difference from the old clutch. Shorter and much firmer grab. I almost thing the Japanese engineers had too much sake the night before when they decided to use that clutch in the Warrior.

Thanks again for the great post that gave me the courage to get into the Warrior clutch.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I just ordered some of the parts for this project. Awesome write up. This really is the best forum ever.
What are the chances ill need to replace the metal plates? I saw in another thread someone took the plates out and they were warped?

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I just ordered some of the parts for this project. Awesome write up. This really is the best forum ever.
What are the chances ill need to replace the metal plates? I saw in another thread someone took the plates out and they were warped?
Chances are low. They usually go bad from riding the clutch or slip for a long period of time.

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
Great mod. I did the 2 full plate and Barnett P/P a good while back. Very smooth shifting and neutral is so easy to find, it just about falls into it with no effort. I recommend doing this mod, it is so worth it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just did this mod to my bike... super positive lockup but you can still slip it a little on takeoff... the lever travel can also be shortened because it engages quicker and disengages in a shorter distance... I put a return stop on my lever.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Just did this mod to my bike... super positive lockup but you can still slip it a little on takeoff... the lever travel can also be shortened because it engages quicker and disengages in a shorter distance... I put a return stop on my lever.
I have my lever with a bigger gap also so I don't have the long reach. But you don't want too much of a gap that you don't fully release the clutch and ride it.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts