RS Warrior Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just did this mod to my bike... super positive lockup but you can still slip it a little on takeoff... the lever travel can also be shortened because it engages quicker and disengages in a shorter distance... I put a return stop on my lever.
I have about a nickel width of free travel at the lever and when taking off my lever travels about 1/5 of the overall travel before it stats engaging the clutch......
I have my lever with a bigger gap also so I don't have the long reach. But you don't want too much of a gap that you don't fully release the clutch and ride it.
I have about a nickel width of free travel at the lever and when taking off my lever travels about 1/5 of the overall travel before it stats engaging the clutch......

·
Registered
965 Posts
In preparation for the clutch job I uncovered the bike today fired it up. And I find my clutch is not releasing. The lever and cable seem to work fine I think I'm getting full travel down the cable to the bar on top of the transmission. with the engine off I can shift easily between gears. But with it running I can't shift into gear or the bike will stall even though I have the clutch in fully. Same story when I try and walk the bike around with it off I can't roll the bike across the floor if it's in gear even if I pull the clutch. This is new Behavior wasn't like this when I parked it last fall although when it was cold there was a notable lurch when I would put it in gear but not so much that it would stall. My clutch wasn't so bad when I parked it last fall that it was slipping all the time but I could make it slip if I got on it hard in 4th gear.
I haven't open up the transmission yet I was going to go for a ride with the wife tomorrow while I wait for my parts.

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
Your clutch fibers are stuck together from sitting. I can't remember how to break them loose but do a search on here and you will find it.

·
Registered
965 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,225 Posts
I was afraid when I started because I didnt understand everything in the write up. But I had my phone open as I went and as I was doing the whole process it was no problem I realized the write up is as good as possible its just hard to imagine what your doing.

Really the bike feels like a new bike I am enjoying it

·
Registered
965 Posts
I did it in May and I love it. If you're going to open the case might as well do the whole thing. I replaced all the friction plates, upgrading the 3 halfs to fulls and added the Barnett sr2

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
ive had my eye on this for a long time... I havent been doing anything to my bike except ride the h3LL out of it! I do think that ive notices the clutch getting "spongy" with all me stop light super hero starts...

other than a paint job... I thought i was done with mods...silly me for thinking theres a "done" point...

·
Registered
965 Posts
I wheelied the warrior the other night, that's how much grab there is.
Totally caught me by surprise.:eek: The only thing i've wheelied before was my dukes of hazard big-wheel.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I think so. Partzilla has a good parts breakdown by year and the prices are good too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Updated links and added more pics and info. More pics and info will be added with time.

If anyone has input on this or request on pic ect. Let me know.

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #55

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
Save me a Full Clutch plate bro..
Wanna go up to the 3 plate mod.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Save me a Full Clutch plate bro..
Wanna go up to the 3 plate mod.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk
Ok, I've got a few full plates put away.

Sent from Rudy Jeremias

·
Registered
13 Posts
Guys.. just did the mod last night.. i decided to do the 2 plate mod and install the barnett SR-2 KIT... LET ME TELL YOU. What a day and night difference in the actual performance of the bike.. Thanks everyone for the input.. due to covid.. it was pain to get my hands on all my parts.. but finally got them 3 days ago. No more slippage and bike responds really nice. Listed below are the pics:

Honeslty.. this is worth every penny spent on this mod.. The 2 plate MOD makes a huge difference in the clutch grab and the pressure plate ( gold springs) makes the bike more responsive and zero slippage.
Also i tried and used the 20w40 Amsoil synthetic oil V-TWIN and KN filter. Feels like a complete different bike. I have the green springs as well but going to try the gold before making my clutch anymore stiffer.
Parts used are below:

This is the OEM PLATES USED:

This is the Gasket ( my original one was fine but better to order in case its needed):

This is the BARNETT Plate I used. The SR-2 (PURPLE color with gold springs):

And this is the oil and filter I upgraded to:

If you are using stock pressure plate.. this is a must upgrade to the BARNETT SR-2.
You will notice a day and night difference.
Thanks everyone for your input, if anyone need any guidence to how to go about or order the parts in Canada. I will be happy to help.cheers!!

41 - 58 of 58 Posts