RS Warrior Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
My clutch has very little travel and I have adjusted it so it has a little play. Will this help with the limited travel? Just feels kind of mushy/not right. The bike has 20k miles on it. I don't ride the clutch but not sure if the person before me did. Thanks
If your not having slippage in the higher gears with hard throttle I would think the clutch is fine. The play in the lever will affect the clutch from not releasing All the way or being partially released all the time.
Meaning if you pull the lever the clutch pack will drag on its self and not allow easy shifts or without pulling the lever meaning it'll slip a bit and ride the throw out bearing constantly.

·
Super Moderator
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I did the 3 plate mod a few years ago and love it.
I will say the clutch is tight!
It is so tight that when the bike is cold and not running, it has to be in neutral to push it around even with the clutch pulled.
Once it heats up, it's fine.

Is this too tight?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
It's normal for the clutch pack to stick together when resting and cause drag when pushing with the lever pulled.
The longer the bike sits the harder it'll be and some times you won't be able to push at all even with the lever pulled in.
As long as you have a gap in the lever you'll be ok.
After the bike has ran the bike should be easier to push with the lever pulled.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Thanks Rudy.
Yes i have a gap in the lever and once it's warm it's fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

61 - 63 of 63 Posts