RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed the baffles a couple of weeks ago just to see how BB sounded. So I decided that BB sounded better with baffles in. So before putting them back in I repacked the baffles. I had a little bit of trouble lining up the holes to put the screws in, but got it done and tightened down. BB had a real nice deep throaty sound. So I’d been riding around for about a week and the bike sounded different for some reason. I dismissed it as the traffic was heavy and I thought BB might be complaining about the heat. So I promptly forgot all about it until I came out to do a bit of polishing. I noticed I didn’t have a baffle in the lower pipe. I thought WTF so I grabbed a torch to have a closer look and the screw was sheared off. Not when I took both screws off I added a liberal amount of WD40 so that the screws would go back in easier. I didn’t use loctite as the heat from the mufflers would make it in effective. All I could say was “ Give me a far king break “ so now I’m running with no baffles and I searched down the roads I had been on, but no luck finding it.😎😎🐝

·
Super Moderator
791 Posts
I bought my baffles from RevZilla USA for my V&H big shots as there were none in Australia according to the mechanic who fitted my PC5 and dyno’d ..

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought my baffles from RevZilla USA for my V&H big shots as there were none in Australia according to the mechanic who fitted my PC5 and dyno’d ..
Yes I hate it when that happens and yes there should be a second secure spot. I’m not sure what my pipes are. All I know is the pipes are about 2” in diameter. What I have done is put the baffle in the rear pot pipe as the distance is shorter. **** I don’t know if that is a good thing to do or not. While I’m at it, one of the Team Moto dealers are sell an 06 with 53k for $19k. No pictures as yet.😎😎🐝

·
Registered
610 Posts
I lost two sets of baffles riding around. Luckily they were ebay cheap! Have teo more sets coming in to try out and see what I think sounds best

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts