RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May I ask a question of the moderators?

I posted this (http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22533 ) initially in the Modification section as this is what this is: a bike mod with pictures and an extensive writeup on my experience with the install, the performance and the vendor.

After several days this post was moved by a moderator to "Product Reviews" where it has remained for a couple weeks.

Now it is being moved again to "Vendor Ratings"

Im certianly in favor of the site being organized, but isn't this a bit much? First off, the article primarily has to do with my experience ordering/installing/using a modification to my bike (hence the mods section for the post). Secondarily it is a review of a product, although really it is more a modification than a product, isnt it? Only tertiarily is it a vendor rating, although I do include a vendor rating on it.

Lets face it, the vast majority of members are going to look in the modifications section and *maybe* the product review section to get feedback on mods done to bikes. Honestly I think this post is now incorrectly categorized as the main point is NOT to rate a vendor, but rather to give comprehensive feedback on a particular mod.

Finally, I did post a link to this article in the Vendors Rating section so that people who were looking there would know where to find the full writeup.

Respectfully,

JT

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
If I remember corectly, didn't you have three posts up in different catagories regaurding the midnight 240 kit you installed? I think with that many posts, it will be found don't you think?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had three total posts, yes.... But only two were substantive, that is, one post was about the 240 kit, and one post was about al lthe mods and accessories I had done to the bike over xmas holidays. In the mod/accessories was a post to show the bike and tell people that I had up new gallery pics but only had a mention that I did the 240, and nothing at all about hte instal or impressions.

The other substantive post was the review post in question.

The third post was the one I referenced in my above inquiry which was posted in the vendor rating section noting that I had reviewed one of their products and if people were interested they could go check out the review thread.

Having people find and or read my long winded post was really not the basis for my question however! /emoticons/emotion-4.gif

The point to this question has more to do with the rhyme or reason (if any) for bouncing the post a bunch of times, and to further my understanding of what the mods are looking for as to post placement so that I get it right next time and save you all some work /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

Please advise....

JT

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
I didn't move this one, but I will take a stab at explaining why it might have been moved. Originally it was re-located to the product reviews forum since it had performance edge's name plastered all over it. The moderator who moved it, must have seen this as a your review of their product. I can certainly see it that way too. BTW, I thought this was a well thought out and detailed post with lots of good pics. I appreciate the time you took to keep us informed.

Second it was probably relocated to the Vendor's Forum because Performance Edge recently became a site Vendor and therefore gained access to using the Vendor's Forum. It may have been moved as an update by the original moderator, or simple re-evaluated by another.

With over 5500 members and over 240,000 individual posts, it takes a lot to keep a forum organized. And a lot of these decisions are made with a loose set of guidelines (see sticky topics at top of each forum for individual forum guidelines) and some subjective thinking. Your not always gonna agree with that, and/or we are not always gonna be right. That's to be expected. Fortunately the active topics, and search functions make it pretty hard to miss anything, for anyone who is looking for it.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
I Moved the Topic to "Vendor Ratings" due to the fact it was a very good, detailed & strong review about Performance Edge and the Customer Service Matt provided to you as the consumer. I chose to move it where I know it belongs...............Vendor Rating............BTW, your bike looks Great!

Respectfully.......

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds good to me!

Honestly, you guys do a bang-up job that can be quite thankless, so please do not take my inquiry in a negative manner. Thanks heaps!

My main concern was that it had been moved already once (I assume by another moderator), and I realyl do try to keep my posts in the places that they belong. Since I had guessed wrong the first time (placing it in mods and accessories) and then had it moved again after I thought I understood where it really belonged (product reviews), I was confised as to why it ended up where it did (vendor ratings).

I just wanted to be a bit clearer on the rationale so that I could make sure I was doing my part as a responsible poster and keep things squared away.

Thanks again!

JT

1 - 8 of 8 Posts