RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rewarding trip to Biketoberfest. Saturday morning at the Yamaha tent I viewed & got the color brochures & prices on the custom Warriors. Talked to one of the factory reps & Yamaha is comming out with right & left side air scoops as an accessory item. The price of the Speedstar kit has been dramatically reduced & will list in the 3K range. When I questioned him about the quality of the pipes as some had posted that they were junk He said that there was a problem with production & it has been resolved.

I wanted to test ride the FJR1300 but only one was there & was for display only. The only test ride I could get was on a Road* or a V*1100, everything else was booked up already. A VMAX would have been fun but it was booked as well---no test rides.

There were 6 Warriors that met up at Bennigans at 1:30 on Saturday. A very casual get together & we checked out each others bikes & basically shot the bull for a 1/2 hour. It was a good time meeting other Warrior riders & seeing what was done to their bikes. Maybe next year we can do a ride or something.

While taking in all the vendors on Beach street we, My Warrior riding bud John & I, came across a trailer that said Patric Racing on the side. A number of Harley motors were on display so I had to ask if there were any Warrior parts available. We had to wait for a fellow to come back & LOW & BEHOLD it was non other than Nigel Patrick himself!!!! He showed us all the cams, pistons & various engine parts that were available & the services his shop renders including price lists. We started talking about the record setting Warrior he was running & when I told him the exact numbers it had run he asked if we would like to see it. YOU BETTCHA!!!! He took us into the enclosed trailer & there it was---the world record holder. I got to do the touchie feelie thing on it, asked a lot of pertinent questions which Patrick answered without hesitation & seemed quite pleased to talk about his creation including many of the custom mods he had done & plans for future mods to make it run 9.50's!!!!! MADE MY DAY!!!!

About the time you think it don't get any better------------------

My bud split with his chick & I headed for the motel & stopped for a smoke & coke at a gas station on route 1 heading south, watching all the bike traffic & just digging it. A group of 12 or so bikes catches the red light & there he was---none other than Billy Lane riding his Psyco Billy Cadillac. I grabbed my film camera, ran out in the street & took a few PICS.

**** of a day eh?

Later,
Churchkey

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did say it was a film camera? You guys will be the first to see the pics after the developer then me.

Later,
Churchkey

·
Registered
775 Posts
It was great to meet you guys at Bennigans, Now at least we know the faces when we talk to each other, Impress with the ingenuity of Churchkey, some experience out of 9500 miles from Elvis and other concepts from Dominick.
There where two more guys but I don't remember their names (MY FAULT).
My only problem is that I had to leave early since my friends with two custom bikes, two HD and a V-ROD where intimidated by the Warriors. I think they have enough with My 10K Dollars machine embarrassing them at every light that they don't whant to see 6 together LOL!!
Looking forward to get together again
Alek5

1 - 9 of 9 Posts