RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone given thought to wether or not the 250 swingarm will fit a 10.5 weel? I'm looking for that deep wheel look. I figure if there are people fitting an 8.5 in the stock swingarm, one could think that on the barons 250 you could probably fit the 10.5. Like I said just a thought... what do you guys think?

Speed

PS. by the way this is for the guys out there that are into the show quality mods, I've read and understand the whole performance vs. looks argument, I'm wondering if this is do-able. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmmmmm, are you sure? How many MM per inch, anybody know... I thought it was like 22.5 or 23. It's been a very long time for converting these numbers for me... anyone have the facts?

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
10.5 div. by .03937 = 266.70mm

MM x .03937= IN.

IN. / .03937= MM

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Redbull, whats is that factor .03937 mean ???? . Your getting the correct number but the conversion is like Sangathor showed 25.4 mm to 1 inch !!!!..

Kyle

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great guys! So going by your calculations the widest rim would more than likely be a 9.5 and that might be cutting it close. A 9 inch rim would probably be safest. Now the hunt for a 9" rim. Shouldn't be too bad. I'm waiting on some feedback from the baron himself to see what insight he has on the widest application for their swingarm. Thanks for your help with the research.

Speed

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK, for those of you who are interested, I received a return email from Baron's and I quote:

"The Warrior Bomber 250 Swingarm is configured for an 8.50 wheel with 250 width tire. Radial tires are very "rim specific" for proper operation. You cannot properly fit a 250 tire on a wheel wider that 8.50 inches."

Well there are two negative points that I see with this reply.

A) First, the fact that they are producing a 250 swingarm that supposedly gives you the ability to do something that is not possible with the stocker and charging an arm and a leg for it is just wrong. There are plenty of custom shops out there fitting an 8.5 inch rim into the stocker. So why would we want to spend the money on a swing arm that isn't any better??

B) Second point, I don't know how many of you guys out there are familiar with companies like West Coast Choppers, Walz Hardcore, Simms, Orange County and many more top shelf performance/ manufacturing companies out there that are putting 250 tires on rims with widths of 9, 10, 10.5 and even an 11" and are producing yes "show bikes" that are bad ass machines as far as looks and performance alike. I know that they are probably using their own swing arms, but the tire comment just doesn't add up..

Of coarse this is just from what I've gathered and I thought I'd give my 2 cents...

Speed

1 - 12 of 12 Posts