RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading all the different recall threads because like everyone else, I'm pi$$ed. However....I have to question the wisdom of all those who've said, "Until the recall parts are in and my scoot is fixed, I'm riding!".

To each his own of course, but should the worst happen - God forbid - or, you just crash and burn, I think you'll find that, by continuing to ride, you've released Yamaha from any liability and reduced you or your family's ability to recover any type of damages from Yamaha to a big, fat zero. Yamaha has followed all required legal guidelines and has issued a recall that clearly states, "Motorcycles that are affected should not be operated until they are modified". All other recall issues aside, Yamaha has eliminated any possibility that they can be held liable for any injuries or death resulting from those who continue to ride their bikes.

Let me state clearly that I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV. My brother is, however, and in his most humble opinion, Yamaha has covered their collective butts from a liability standpoint.

Just food for thought.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
There are topics covering this exact topic you are bringing up. Please read through our Forum. I am sure you will find it eventually. Thank-you!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts