RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like a little advise from you on your awesome machine. I currently have a Honda VTX 1300 S and have had some doubts about its power and handling. Over the past few weeks I have looked for a better alternative, and absolutely love the look of the Midnight Warrior. If you could list a few of the reasons why you love the bike and maybe a couple cons of what you don't like I would certainly appreciate it. Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Im sure everyone on here will tell you that the Warrior is the best bike you can get based upon your comments

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Welcome. You will get some obviously bias and mostly honest advice here. Comapred to the 1300 the Warrior is faster, handles better, is lighter I think, much better looking, a lot less plastic, and the worst part is that it is so modable, so the down side is that you should be prepared to spend a lot of $$$ after you get one! Also us Warrior guys have this website. The only thing that is better on the VTX is the headlight, I love that headlight! Let us know what you decide, but I think after lurking around I know what you'll do.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
over your 1300 the warrior will be a HUGE improvement. but lets say your comparisons were to a VTX1800 and the warrior. the stock VTX is a smidgin faster(depending on what magazine article you read) but really cant handle, plus it has the shaft drive and unsightly radiator. I personally love my warrior for the looks, the handling is A++, and more importantly the "modability" of the bike. the aftermarket is huge in comparison to other bikes in the same catagory, and lastly this web site, with the great folks, and unmatched know how and the ability to problem solve if one arises.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I agree with the members here that the modding can get a little out of control and it's a far superior bike to the VTX 1300. So you want a midnight huh? Well, let me do a little self promoting /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-Road-Star-Warrior-One-of-a-Kind_W0QQitemZ4647003799QQcategoryZ50044QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
I have never ridden a vtx1300, they are nice bikes, but the warrior does it for me. Also if you are looking for aftermarket goodies, they have em for the warrior by the truckload.

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
My brother has a VTX 1300. Good looking bike and rides okay but feels a bit like a sled to me. Very heavy in turns. I guess that's because I'm used to my warrior which is lighter and handles MUCH better. Trust me, there is no comparison when it comes to power or handling between the two. After market is much greater for the warrior which has already been stated several times but is worth reinterating again.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I have yet to think of a single thing that I don't like. I do wish I could ride year-round cause I do love her so. I get at least one compliment every single time I'm out cruizing. And I live in the Land of the Hog!

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Probably best thing to do is just check out past posts, to see every reason for or against why we love our warriors, not a search, just read the headings and pick some. Do the same with help and how to's to see how helpfull these guys are, and of course check out the gallery for some unbelievably fine Warriors, from brand new to radical customs! Good luck on your decision!

·
Registered
243 Posts
I love this bike immansely. Can take twisties like no other, and it is very quick. Comfort can be bought with a different bar, seat and depending on your height, some leg extentions.

I havent owned this bike very long, but man it was a great desicion. Like it was said above, you really have to take into consideration that this website is filled with genisus.

Good luck in your search and hopefull you will be joining us!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Downsides include passenger comfort (pad and footrests), 5-speed tranny (vs 6-speed on Victory) and ugly stock handlebars. Upsides include torque, HP, handling, looks, mod-a-bility, and this website.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Warrior hands down i riden both and i dont think the vtx is not that much faster with the same mods .I think it boils down to the drivers the vtx 1800 is bigger and much more heavy.And in the twisties the warrior is the king We dont always drive our bike a quarter mile at a time i know i dont.Now you have a 1300 s i was thinking about a 1300 r myself but i asked myself am i going to happy with just cruising or am i going to want to rock sometimes and i dont want to grow up yet .But the 1300s are nice honda makes good products .Bad point on the warrior are you will need a few mods to make this bike comfy Adn then you will catch mod fever so hide your pocket book Just when i think i am done i am doing somethig else .Rear tire eater but it is fun !!!!!!! and you will get this stupid smile on your face that wont go away.If you can put up with those things buy the warrior you wont be sorry .[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts