RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been offered a deal on a new VMAX that some guy ordered and then got made redundant. Problem is, it means chopping in both the XV and CB, but its then within reach after deductingthe lost deposit.Suffering a severe bout of temptation. Heart says go for it boyo. Head says b*ll*cks you've already got two great bikes. Gonna get a few stiff drinks and work out what excuses I could give the wife to justify it.

Blast. Do I or don't I?

·
Registered
861 Posts
Warriors are easy to get if you don't like the max! You can always go back. Good luck with whatever you decide. Personally, the Vmax doesn't really interest me....fast-but not my style. If i wanted speed i would get a R1

·
Registered
29 Posts
tough decision....the new VMAX is awesome.....but trading in your warrior thats a high price to pay

hope the drinks sort it our for you

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
RobRiguez said:
See, I might actually be happier with a Vmax as its more about riding for me than looking good. But then I get off my bike and look at her and say to myself, **** that is a sexy azz beast!!!

Is it just me?..compared to the big BbanditI found the Warriorrequires serious riding skills..ya got to wanther bad..cause she doesn't suffer fools...not everyone can ride her, and when you talk to her admirers, you know they know it...she makes them nervous just sitting their 'growling' back at them..**** that's the coolest feeling

Anyway Iain's not giving up a Warrior and aCB... he's on the Raider! so the choice is so much easier lol...

Hey Iain..manI feel your need ...truely awesome idea..but i don't see much passenger room onthe Vmax!!??...ring your older, wiser, bro for some serious mentoring!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
irichards said:
Head says b*ll*cks

That's instinct talking........you know it makes sense (sort of).......you can always trade up again if it's not you after a summers riding.......decisions, decisions, such is a bikers choices....good luck which ever way you decide

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tomba said:
!!??...ring your older, wiser, bro for some serious mentoring!!

Sigh! Now I'm for it

Boss warned me last night: Monday the P45s are flying. I'm safe (this time) but.......time to listen to the head! Went in and saw the VMAX this morning in the show room -what a bike. Never mind havign somethign to dream about can't hurt.

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Have a look here http://www.vmaxguru.com/index.html

It will give you some idea of what can be done to the bike performance wise...

I like them a lot, always have done, but it's a lot of money to tie up in one bike.

If I had the money I would have one, but I'd also keep my Warrior.

Nick

·
Registered
381 Posts
Just been round Utube looking at bikes, some guy testing a VMax, it did look a bit wonky in the corners

Then I clicked onto some Swedish guy riding his Warrior - LOL, he doing burn outs in the snow, he got "shout at the devil" music playing - ha,ha, it made me think the Warrior is STILL more fun!!

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
irichards said:
Never mind havign somethign to dream about can't hurt.

That great ride to the scandinavian fest with your daughter in April [just so you don't have to come to the Ace!!!]...now that's worth a million!!..[I hear ya sigh... i do..but that Raiders a fine bike for a fine passenger [ya head was in the right place that day]

[mind you, have the newer guys seen that 300 section on your old warrior, and no passenger seat..heck no fender...that started thisin the first place!?

[guys don't feel sorry for this man....see Iain's gallery - bespoke swing arm for a 300rear wow!!]..as for the CB well i have to draw the line somewhere!!

irichards said:
Sigh! Now I'm for it

....ok relax... big guy...that was it..just keep ya hands inthempockets [no fumbling]and you'll be fine...bye the way i'm hungry again!

and good news for monday!!!

·
Registered
348 Posts
I've been thinking how to swing a MAX for myself as well. I've been a fan of the VMAX for a long time. I remember the first time I saw one. I was amazed by it andI could not see or hear anything untill the bike was out of view. I felt like the VMAX was made for me.I just look at this new VMAX and drool.

In 2005 when I bought my warrior there was a VMAX there to. It took me days to make up my mindbut we all know which one I took home. I think if the 09 VMAX was sitting next to the warrior it would be a different story. Now I've got to figure a way to have both because I'm not ready to give up my warrior. Good luck making your decision. I know what you're going through.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
irichards said:
Now there's a good idea
, I'll give you a call on Monday once all the shits done with.

yup!..speak monday...dodge the jumpers!!...london's a grand place for the unusual!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts