RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Administrator
28,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
:D It sounds like we were both doing the same mental gymnastics! It also occurred to me its maybe possible to determine how many Warriors were produced by using this sequential engine number. Hopefully someone with a 2009 will post and the sequential number will follow suit lol. The Road Star jugs differ, but I don't know if the MT-01 engine is 100% identical and if that might muddy the water do you think?

For what it's worth , I would guess that AZwarrior's spare is an '04 model.

This deduction is based on the info above that shows that the later the year , the higher the portion of the engine # that I highlight in red below
Engine # P611E-0012497

I suspect that this is the actual sequential engine # as relates to when and how many have been built. I don't know if they started at '1'.

The # on AZ's spare is closest to 04 Indigo's # as seen above.

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
The BoilerPlate Answers Here Guys

Not to take this post off track i'll start a new thread this evening to support what follows with irrefutable proof by this writer :D
  • 2002 Warrior build is NOT CDI ignition ... it is TCI ignition and any information on the www or published by Yamaha is a misprint!
  • All Warrior ECU's are created equal. The 2002 ECU has been superceded by a new P/N as listed above by the OP.
    • There is no such thing as a CA electronic control unit
A&W ... Just send me a pm if you would like me to include this info within your thread and i'll be happy to oblige you and the community :)

·
Administrator
28,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Thanks, I took the liberty of linking it already (above) its good info.

It seems logical they are all 5PX-01 but so far we only have owners of USA bikes posting. I'd still like to see ECU numbers from Canadian bikes, and UK bikes. Best guess is they are also 5PX-01 but confirming this while we are on-topic anyway will be of great value into the future for our international friends sourcing an inexpensive ECU when needed.

·
Premium Member
2,461 Posts
Haha, now I get it! Funny man!

That is the paint code for your tins. If there is a filled-in circle with a letter like "A" then that is appended to read 5PX1-010A, for example.
thanks on the paint code info but my ecu number is still diffrent all your posts say they are all 5px-01 mine is 5px-00 where did that come from.

·
Administrator
28,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I sorta thought it was maybe a typo, did you re-check to be sure your 2002 ECU has the number "5PX-00" molded into the ECU plastic body? This would be a surprising development. May I also ask what two variants of the Engine Number are on the white Engine Number sticker? Thanks.

·
Administrator
28,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
Wow, the 261st engine built! Cool.
I suppose it makes sense that the engines built earlier than yours had 5PX-00 also, and probably some later. I'm pretty much sold that they are all interchangable.
To this point, if we see an ECU marked 5PX-00 or 5PX-01 its likely a match for all model year Warriors. Oh, and 5PX-70 for the Speedstar kit.

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
Wow, the 261st engine built! Cool.
I suppose it makes sense that the engines built earlier than yours had 5PX-00 also, and probably some later. I'm pretty much sold that they are all interchangable.
To this point, if we see an ECU marked 5PX-00 or 5PX-01 its likely a match for all model year Warriors. Oh, and 5PX-70 for the Speedstar kit.
thanks on the paint code info but my ecu number is still diffrent all your posts say they are all 5px-01 mine is 5px-00 where did that come from.
60ftgap .... when the cards are shuffled i suspect this will be the results ;)
........... no worry & you have a great looking ride :)
  • 2002 Build is 5px-00 = 5PX-8591A-00-00
  • 2003 & up is 5px-01 = 5PX-8591A-01-00
Reference: Supporting info for prior post "TCI & CDI Differences"

·
Vendor
943 Posts
My friend has an 02 and while doing some troubleshooting we have swapped ecu's with my 05. Both units work fine on either bike. Well my bike was still getting the same error with either ecu and his ran fine with no errors with either one. Troubleshooting a TPS error on my 05.

·
Administrator
28,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Yes, that makes sense. I think we are down to letting the UK and Canadian guys add their stuff if they want to be sure. Plus the engine sequence numbers are sorta interesting.

I hope several USA guys with 2007's chime in because it looks like possibly the factory started over with engine numbers when the Star name was started in 2008 (but not confirmed).

I also hope several USA guys with 2009's chime-in because we could get a read on total numbers by adding the highest known 2007 engine sequence number to the highest known 2009 engine sequence number. Trivia maybe, but it could answer a question we've been asking for years lol.

My friend has an 02 and while doing some troubleshooting we have swapped ecu's with my 05. Both units work fine on either bike. Well my bike was still getting the same error with either ecu and his ran fine with no errors with either one. Troubleshooting a TPS error on my 05.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
UK calling US, I now have the results for a 2003 UK spec Warrior ECU...Lol :) :)

top side of ECU, moulded in,

F8T914
73 5PX - 01

Other side on white barcode paper.

P611E - 0007746

Gav.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
UK calling US, I now have the results for a 2003 UK spec Warrior ECU...Lol :) :)

top side of ECU, moulded in,

F8T914
73 5PX - 01

Other side on white barcode paper.

P611E - 0007746

Gav.
dam it...big G...in before me...sheesh

2003 official yami bike in uk

topside -

F8T914
73 5PX-01

and on bottom

P611E 0008006

so my engine is younger than Gav's :D

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
dam it...big G...in before me...sheesh

2003 official yami bike in uk

topside -

F8T914
73 5PX-01

and on bottom

P611E 0008006

so my engine is younger than Gav's :D
ok the spare ecu [not tested yet]

top-

f8T914
73 5PX -01

bottom-

P611E 0007736

i'm done:cool:

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
ok the spare ecu [not tested yet]

top-

f8T914
73 5PX -01

bottom-

P611E 0007736

i'm done:cool:
Hey, this is uncanny, only one number out from mine :eek: I think that one came off a bike fae Dundee Tom, 20 miles from me.

Only the engine is younger Tom, everything else....well.. :p

Gav.

·
Administrator
28,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Bladerunr's 2002 is engine #5129 and ECU is 5PX-00.
ArizonaWarrior's (my) 2003 is engine # 6447 and 5PX-01.
From that, its possible all 2002 ECU's happen to use 5PX-00.
But its pretty certain they are all interchangeable . . .

Its looking certain all the UK bikes are 5PX-01, both official and grey-imports.
No word on the official Canadian bikes yet, so lets just say its likely all are 5PX-01.

I hope we get a lot more replies because we can possibly work-out model years based on engine number ranges, and also possibly a total number of bikes sold.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts